Cougar?

Last year I went to a bar , I dont normally drink but on this day I got hammered. Well , I met an older lady and she took me back to her place and slept together. I was 32 and she was 40. Was I the victim of a gougar? Is there enough of a age difference to be considered a cougar?

Last year I went to a bar , I dont normally drink but on this day I got hammered. Well , I met an older lady and she took me back to her place and slept together. I was 32 and she was 40. Was I the victim of a gougar? Is there enough of a age difference to be considered a cougar?

I know this is a stupid question, but though it be a good laugh.

A lot of people in the US are not going to know the term, it is used way more up here in Canada then down there. Anyway, a cougar at least round these parts is considered a women who is yes older, but not just older but also "on the prowl" for younger guys purely for "fun" aka sex and no commitment. A lot of them are new divorcees or out of long term relationships.

It can be meant derogatory, but generally not. The women know they are classified as this, and the younger men love it and like "meeting a cougar". They are both adults after all, so why not

There are for example certain bars around here thay people label as "cougar bars" as the clientele is usually single women in 30s and up, and men in their late teens/early 20s. Generally the women considered cougars are more "aggressive" in pursuing younger guys, but not always

I guess that is what yours would be considered though you are older so I would not call it a classic definition of it. And I would hardly call yourself a "victim" though unless she forced you back there! I think the older you get the older the "cougar" range gets. If you are a late teen, they would be late 20s/early 30s, once you get to your mid 20s, probably 35+, in your early 30s it would probably be 40s, etc.

RayKay, perhaps you should write the "Cougar Laws" with footnotes and definitions and a glossary and suchlike

Hmmm, I can plan it as a future project. Of course, that would require a lot of observing them in their natural habitat....and I would rather be with my honey then scouting out in bars every night!

• 1 month later...
link removed

I have been mauled by a couple of Cougars in the last year...they are for real and they mean business....

Caveat

Yikes Caveat, thanks for the site link - hilarious and um...informative too - even I had no idea that this site existed despite the clear plethora of "cougar bars" around here!

Cougar? I'm in the UK and don't know what this means... except a Ford Cougar sports car and a big cat which is on the loose attacking people in South London.

Am I right in thinking that a 'Cougar' is someone who prays on someone just for sex? Perhaps an older person going after a younger one, as the younger one might not be so aware?

Cougar = Alpha Female?

I'm beginning to think my ex was a 'cougar' - she was a sex-mad Scorpio and I'd begun to find out she seemed to have penchant for younger men.....

Cougar? I'm in the UK and don't know what this means... except a Ford Cougar sports car and a big cat which is on the loose attacking people in South London.

Am I right in thinking that a 'Cougar' is someone who prays on someone just for sex? Perhaps an older person going after a younger one, as the younger one might not be so aware?

Cougar = Alpha Female?

I'm beginning to think my ex was a 'cougar' - she was a sex-mad Scorpio and I'd begun to find out she seemed to have penchant for younger men.....

Read my explanation earlier in the post....yes sometimes they prey on them for sex only, or shorter relationships - but the younger one is generally very aware and both are willing parties. They do not HAVE to be more aggressive, but generally are.