Can you ever get out of the "friends zone"?

I'm just curious if anyone ever was told by a girl that she just wanted to be friends, but you both ended up dating each other? I only ask because this happened to be recently and I really like this girl, but she just wants to be friends. I know what you are saying just move on and find someone else to meet, but I really like her and really wanted something to happen between us.

At the core of any long lasting meaningful relationship is a solid and true friendship. By being her friend you are showing that you care about and respect her. There is always a chance that things could change and the two of you could end up together. But don't be expecting it to happen. Look at it as something that could happen and would be great if it did, but if it doesn't then its no big deal. You will find someone who is right for you. In the meantime, enjoy a good friendship.

Well I have to say that this girl I really like has told me that she has met a guy and that they both think they will get invovled in a relationship with each other. Personally I think it stinks, but I am happy for her cause she has been treated like crap by other guys and I do hope it works out for her even if we are not dating. I'll always be her friend and would never do anything to hurt her or try and ruin a relationship that she is happy to be in. I will move on and try and find someone else, but I do know that if we are both ever single and she wants to date I'll take her up on that offer. Until then I will remain in the background and just be there for her if she ever needs a friend to talk to. And hopefully I'll find someone to be with soon and can move on.