hello everyone,

Ok, I'll make this quick. I started spiking my hair a little over 4 months ago (I've done it almost everyday since then, except like days when there is no school, and weekends), but it wasn't until 2 months ago that I started using my current hairgel. You see, the one I used before contained no alcohol, but the one I use now does... So, I've been wondering, is it true that alcohol containing hair products make hair weaken or even fall off? Cause if they do, I'll stop immediately... Now, I don't think I've noticed any hairloss, so I still don't have anything to worry about... but you know, it's better to be safe than sorry... The reason I changed brands is cause this one workes so much better... So, if it does have harmful effects, can you also please recommend a brand that is very effective and contains no alcohol?

Myself, i sohuld think there are no damaging effects.

i have been gelling my hair Most days since i was about 13, im 16 in 4months and i have not exp. any sort of difficulty at all

if your worried or anything, ask one of the clerks at Boots if ur in the UK or anyone in any simular shop.

hair products with alcohol are not good for your hair, it can dry it out A LOT, but it wont cause any serious damage, i mean yeah your hair can start breaking off in and start getting more dead ends, but thats about it.

it's not good for your hair, but it wont cause you to lose a lot of hair or anything, it wont make you go bald, if that was the case i would be totally bald right now, lol.

so yeah, it's one of those things like chocolate, not good for you, but not horrible for you either unless you use a whole whole lot every day of your life.

Why did you cahnge products?

Cause this one works A LOT better, lol. It really does... the other one I had to use like 5 gallons of the thing and it wouldn't even hold for that long... this one I can spike like all around my head and it'll hold throughout the whole day and it dries out really fast... I dunno which other brands are as good, but don't contain alcohol... none of the alcohol-free products even como close... anyone suggest any other brand? I use one called "got2b" or something... my brother used to use it too, but he stopped using it I dunno why... but he never has told me anything about it being damaging or something...