is this an ok age difference

So she's about 12 or 13, and you're 14 or 15, correct? It doesn't seem like it's such a big deal, I've seen bigger age gaps work, even in highschool. If, however, you feel uneasy about the age difference, than maybe you should consider staying friends with her for a little while. But in my opinion, if you can make it work with her, than the age difference is no big deal.

Usually, tyour age difference is nothing since its just a few years, but I would be careful only because the maturity level (typically) of person in middle school is far different from that of someone in high school (even jsut from 7th grade to 9th grade). That might not be the case in your situation, but I'd just be aware of the social differences. A person changes SO drastically between 7th grade to 9th grade. Think of yourself back when you were 12 or 13. The age difference between (for example) a 26 and a 28 year old may not make such a difference, but in the teenage years, people seem to grow exponentially in maturity. Good luck, though, I hope it works out!(-:

sweetpea4670 brings up a really good point. in the teenage years the maturity of a person changes drastically. people change, this time in their lives, they want to learn about who they are and what they can be. but if u feel that through all this u can make it work, then by all means go for it. its jus something to ponder.

Its really not that big of a deal, depending on how serious you get. The pre-teen and teenage years ARE a difficult time to gauge HOW things will pan out. There is an aweful lot of maturing that happens in those years than the ones in high-school, college and later persay.

Just take your time with this one, don't move too fast..