Does she like me? Or just want to be friends?

ok, so I am 16 going on 17 (In the 11th grade), but I take a few senior courses. Well there is this girl in the 12th grade, whom I have MAJOR feelings for. But I am in a bit of a mix-up, I talk to her all the time, she smiles at me and says Hi (insert my name here) whenever I see her, and she has invited me into the grade 12 lounge before. However I don't say hi to her when she is around her friends I don't know, and vice versa. Most of the time though when we are around friends walking down the hall are eyes will meet briefly. So I have two questions, do you think she likes me (keep in mind she is naturally just a very friendly person), or just wants to be a friend? And has anyone had experience with dating a girl that is a year older then you (I mean girls date guys older then them all the time) ?

Its hard to say man...you should try asking her out, it doesn't even havta be a date, just somthing as friends

I almost went through with things like thi, but if they don't "like" you, it's all for none. You don't exactly want her to view you as just a "friend".

Personally, I think you're jumping the gun a little. You admit she's a friendly person...but all she's done is smile and say hi during your classes together? You noticed yourself she didn't invite you into the 12th grade lounge. (My school doesn't have grade lounges, so I'm not entirely sure what that means.)

So far, from my perspective, she hasn't done any flirting: she's just been a nice study buddy. But you have feelings for this girl, and I am not pointing this out to be discouraging. I'm just saying you should be prepared and read her signals a little more closely.

Personally, I would ask her out anyway. She may say no, you may find out she is already dating someone...that's what I mean by "be prepared."

...But you may be pleasantly surprised. She may also be harboring feelings for you. Maybe she likes you as a friend. Maybe a relationship is possible in the future.

But nothing will happen if you do not ask her to do something outside of the classroom.

On a side note: do not be intimidated by older women! 8) As long as you are your own, independent man, she will respect you. Add some fun and spice to the relationship as you would any other and you will be fine.

I said she did invite me into the grade 12 lounge (a student lounge only for the 12 grade students) I talk to her on my spares almost everyday, and we get along great. I am going to ask her to coffee on spare this coming week. You say I need to read her signals a little more closely, can you give me some examples as to what to look for?

I'm saying you'll have to really watch and see what she does...especially around other guys. Does she talk to them the same way? Hold their eyes the same way? Does she ever touch you when you talk? Laugh often? I mean, she's obviously a nice girl acting nicely, we're going to have to unearth some subtle clues here.

My better advice would be to ask her out and see what happens.

well there has been minor flirting, she will also always smile e.t.c. She doesn't talk to other guys quite the same way she talks to me tho... I dunno, she also makes an effort to include me with the grade 12s. And I got her cell number from her. I know that a lot of guys think she is good lookin, and some of em are goin for her, but her friends say she only talks to a couple of them (I guess that includes me). There has been no touching kind of stuff, but she isn't afraid to be close tho. I guess that depends on the girls personality. And there have been some instances where I have noticed some staring. I agree that I should ask her somewheres though.

I'm saying you'll have to really watch and see what she does...especially around other guys. Does she talk to them the same way? Hold their eyes the same way? Does she ever touch you when you talk? Laugh often? I mean, she's obviously a nice girl acting nicely, we're going to have to unearth some subtle clues here.

My better advice would be to ask her out and see what happens.

In general, how would a girl talk differently to a guy she is interested in compared to a guy she is just being friendly with?

Also, there was one instance where my friend and I where walking, and she was walking with a friend behind us, my friend said he turned around briefly and caught her nudge her friend and whisper to her whilst looking at me. Her friend giggled and she blushed a bit.