It's my birthdat 2moro and I'm depressed

You cant think of anything specific which is making you feel like this, a bad experience maybe? Sometimes people are just a bit "down" at times, i think most people have had it before. Dont fret, im sure you'll be right as rain soon.

Perhaps it would help if you gave yourself something to look forward to: you could take up a sport or get into running or lifting weights. They will all give you something to look forward to and you will also get a great sense of achievement from them.

Maybe when christmas and your birthday come around you'll realise that you had a lot to look forward to, by the way, happy birthday for tomorrow!

I can relate. These past two weeks, all I can think about is being alone. I'd just as much prefer to "hibernate" in my room then go somewhere. I've even been starting to think of dying and how it could be a relief. I know that it is not the answer, but I can't help but think that it couldn't possibly get any better. The best way to sum this up is that I am always looking forward to tomorrow, but it's as if tomorrow doesn't exist. Every day sucks. But by looking forward to tomorrow, there is hope.

You need to sit down and really think about things; also, after you are true to yourself, you should find someone to talk to--whether it be a therapist, a friend, or a support group. There is always hope of a better life. That thought may be hard to grasp, but if you do, you may at least enjoy today as if there were no tomorrow.

I hope you can sort things out and pull out of this "slump". Feel free to PM me.

~Shorty

I think everyone goes thru "slumps" like the one your going thru once in a while, I know I do. I'll go a month or 2 without really leaving the house much except to go to work. I'm not really sure what causes them or how I get myself out of them, I just know that I do. Sorry I couldn't help more, but at least you know your notr alone & that it doesn't last.

PS - try to get out tomorrow (or tonighht) with friends or family to celebrate your birthday - it might help

Hi...

First of all, I want to wish you an extremely HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You might not feel upto it but i want to tell u that this day demands a celebration!

I can understand that you may be feeling depressed....but I want u to know that you are very very very much loved and cherished by God. And im not just saying this to make u feel better, I mean it! Things may seem gloomy and nothing around you may seem worth anything, but claim it in your heart that you are special...you are special!!!! Yes, you are very very special! My life isnt any easier but hope is everything! Tell yourself a million times that you are loved and you are special...tell it to yourself until you believe it! Becuz you are!

God has given you another year to be blessed in and to be a blessing....Have the most sweetest and the most wonderful birthday ever! Becuz u deserve it....you're a child of God and nothing less!

Take care,

SB

Firstly i'd like to say a ver big Thankyou for your kind words everyone, but I really didn't enjoy my day.

I don't look forward to anything anymore, I don't enjoy anything- I used to love this time of the year. I can very much relate to you shorty4ever15. I look at death as a means of escape from this pain.

Maybe I am loved SB, but I never feel it, no one ever makes it clear.

Hi...

First of all, i want to wish u an awesome b'day!!!!!

Let me explain you something....we are people in this world...and we often hit points in life where we look forward to nothing and death seems the only way out.....because it seems that its the end of everything. I want to tell you that we're not people going through a spiritual journey, we are spiritual people going through this world...so this place is just a temporary place for our spirit....we get a chance here to make a difference, to change lives, to lift people up, to spread the love of God....but some people take this stay differently and nor does their stay get any better, neither the journey.

U said you may not feel the love.....i want to tell you that feelings always lie because feelings change. Tell me this...imagine you're blind and u have with you a person who can see and you're depending on him to tell you about the world.....what would you think of the world if this guy who can see told u a different thing each time???? You would soon get sick of him because he cant make up his mind! He tells you one second that an apple is red, the next he tells you an apple is green, the next he tells you an apple is brown.....you wouldnt know what to believe because whatever he's telling you changes every second and you start to understand that either this guy's crazy or he's a liar! Am i right??? Well, if you can picture this situation then you should understand how 'feelings' work...they are very unreliable.....sometimes you feel sad, and sometimes you're happy, sometimes you're scared and the next second you feel you can face anything....so the bottom line is that if you want to know the truth, dont go to something thats unreliable....feelings change all the time and they're not telling u the truth. They might be telling you the fact, but fact and truth are very different. Facts change.....everyday science comes up with new studies and findings change.....these studies give you the facts.....but the truth is the ultimate final truth which will never change and can never be erased no matter what!

You said you may be loved but you dont feel it. Often we give our feelings way too much credit, they may be right about what we're feeling but they dont give you the truth. And so if you dont FEEL loved, then stop depending on this feeling to show you that you are loved. Because feelings change....start looking for the truth which is reliable and never changes. And i can tell you the truth...God loves you! And His love is more mightier and more pure than any person's. People love conditionally, they love if you love them back....but God loves unconditionally....of course He cares about what kind of house you live in and what car you drive etc. but He doesnt judge you on the basis of that....He loves you simply because He has created you with His own hands. Even though I know this, most of the time I cant feel God's love....I have to remind myself that I need to depend on something reliable...I need to see the truth....and the truth is that God loves me.

And im not saying this just to make you better....its God's words: you'll find this unchanging truth in the Bible:

ISAIAH 43:

1 But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 3 For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you. 4 Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. 5 Fear not, for I am with you;

Now you know the truth...receive it into your life and God will even change your feelings.

Im praying for you. Remember, you are a child of God and nothing less!

- SB