Breaks complete NC after 3 weeks---- Why??!?!

My XXBF called me after 3 weeks of No Contact, changed his cell#, email address and everything-- it was pretty much he never wanted to see/hear from me again. I honestly never expected to hear from him again.. He disowned all our mutual friends because honestly he couldn't handle that I had moved on with another man; another mutual aquaintance.

Now, 3 weeks later, he calls last night around midnight, wanting to know if we could meet tonight at 10pm somewhere to talk. I was really reluctant at first, but he was polite, cordial and sounded sincere.. Little did I know, he ALSO gave the same invite to a few of our mutual friends that he "shut out"--

I truly don't know what to expect! Judging by his character, I know that this was a big step for him to break NC and now wants to "talk, have things to tell me"- I've made up my mind, and ruled out ANY possibility of ever getting back together again as I am already dating someone else exclusively. I know that the details of my life are none of his business, HE has something to say to ME, so I'll be all ears.

One things for sure, if he starts breaking out the "blame game" , I'm out.... What should I expect? I'm rather confused... Why now? Why like this? Can anyone help me understand why if he's made such a "clean break" after all this, what could he possibly have to say??????? Its not like he could make things any worse...... ](*,)

maybe he wanted to clear his head and get some closure.

or maybe he just can't understand why you left him for another guy so wanted to find out.

maybe he values you too much as a friend that after thinking hard for 3 weeks he wants to somehow maintain the relationship.

well, in any case, i think you should meet him. just remember to keep calm no matter what.

Thanks, I do know that I've got to keep my cool. One thing I should add is that we've been broken up for a while now. We broke up 2 years ago, and were dating on and off, not officially or exclusively for a few months this summer. He was too busy juggling me and HIS XGF around and around enough NOT to make a choice in having his cake and eating it too.

I'm completely confident that I will remain unstained by what he has to say. There is nothing that he could possibly say that could worsen or even make better the friendship he burned. As far as I'm concerned, his bridge has long since fell into a pile of smoldering ashes. I'll accept his hand in friendship, but nothing more......

What if I'm wrong....

Well, just to breifly recap- he is jealous of my new relationship-- plain and simple. He reconciled with his XGF, and has acted like a jealous XBF, but he HAS A GF now!!!??? Seems to think that my new relationship with my 43-year old BF is wrong and is hurting people... I'm not convinced. Why?? After he's pushed me away---? Why now??? ](*,)