I have a few questions about interviews

I know someone already posted about interviews, but I have some questions.

Whats the best thing to say if someone asks you what you'll be doing in 5 years (or maybe less) time? I heard a good thing to say is working for that company, but if they ask 5 years time would it sound as good or honest?

When they ask you how much pay you want and you already know what they're offering is it ok to just say that amount? Are they really just testing that you know how much they're willing to pay you?

I look very young for my age so how can I make myself look older without using too much makeup? Is it better to wear my hair up or down?

If they ask why should they give the job to me would it be ok to say because I know I'll really enjoying working here, I live quite close so I have no problems getting here, I have good computer skills, I am a good problem solver, I have good communication skills (can I say that even if I'm shy from time to time?) and I'm not sure whatelse.

I'll proberbly think of more questions later. I hate interviews lol. I do ok in fake ones.

I'm grateful for any advice/suggestions

-Starkitty

Hi Starkitty,

Regarding the five year question, they don't really want to know what you expect to be doing...no one rweally knows what they will be doing in 5 years, they just want to know how you think about the future. Try something like this,

"At the start of each year I review my last 12 months and decide my career goals for both teh short and the longer term. Right now my goal is to get this job, put all my energy into it and assess the opportunities that become available to me within your organisation. My understanding is that there are fantastic opportunities available to good performeers and I would look to explore all of them and in conjunction with management map out a career plan within the organisation. I am looking for a long term career here and in 5 years time I would like to think I am still working with your organisation making a valuable contribution and accepatable career progress."

Re. Pay. Simply say that you are comfortable with what is being offered (if you are of course) and that you would expect into the future to be paid commensurate with the value you contribute to the organisation. You understand that yo have to demonstrate the value of your contribution before the organisation can consider remunerating you over the average pay for the role you are in. You are willing to demostrate that value and would expect the organisation to commit to fair and reasonable remuneration reviews based on your performance.

Re why you want the job...I think the responses you have mentioned are good. Just remember it is a two way street...what are you going to do for them, what are they going to offer in return?

I would not worry too much about how old you look.