re: in love with my friend

hi all,

i must say that this site is a real blessing.

basically i'm in a similar situation to some of you in that ive fallen head over heels in love with my best friend!

i've known her for 3 years, and during that time we have always been good mates. i told her how i felt and things were a little strained for a while. now things are back to normal, (nearly), but it's absolutley killing me.

she is very insecure and doesn't commit easily, she is scared of gettin hurt and has lost friends before from this kind of thing. she is also quite shy and has very little self esteem. so much so that she wont talk properly about it with me.

what can i do??? any advice would be an absolute godsend, (i would usually discuss this kind of thing with her ironically enough )

email at email removed thankyou

• 4 months later...

hi,

i was in the same situation as you and i think that you have little chance with her. (sorry). If she has already said no then you would risking alot in pursuing her. I think the best thing for you to do now is to cherish the friendship that you have and maye, jus maybe in the future, who knows!

hope it help, sorry to be so negative.

• 2 weeks later...

Spider, I know what you're going through. I'm in similar boat. What I do is remind myself constantly that my friendship with her is most precious. I don't want to do anything to risk losing her as a friend. My situation is a bit more complex since we're both married, and my "friend" has similar feelings for me. Our friendship has developed into a bit of an affair.

Keep us posted. And any advise from others always helps. It helps just to talk about it.

Cheers!