It's been six weeks. I have had many conversations and visits with my ex since. All have been so good yet this week his new 'friend' is visiting. I hope the more time the spend together...the more he will see that she is not for him. I have been the poster girl for grace and patience through all this. Nuts? Maybe, but I have known this man for years and have been by his side the last four and a half years. He even admits still we had a great relationship. Yet he thinks he's missing something. I think part of that is his age (56). I think he'll see what he's missing is me. I think some of us on this forum whether it is from age or being in different relationships can see where there is a potential to restore a relationship. This one I believe will be restored and better than ever. In the meantime I thought I'd share this with you... and pray God answers my prayer soon.

Love is a letting go of the one you love.Hoping that they will come back to you when they realize of what they have lost. Sometimes at night, when I look to the sky, I start thinking of you and then ask myself, why? Why do I love you? I think and smile, because I know the list could run on for miles. The whisper of your voice, the warmth of your touch, so many little things that make me love you so much. The way you support me, and help with my emotions, the way that you care and show such devotion. The way that your kiss, fills me with desire, and how you hold me with the warmth of a blazing fire. The way your eyes shine when you look at me, lost with you forever is were I want to be. The way that I feel when you're by my side, a sense of completion and overflowing pride. The dreams that I dream, that all involve you, the possibilities I see and the things we can do. How you finish the puzzle that lies inside my heart, how that deep in my soul, you are the most important part. I could go on for days, telling of what I feel, but all you really must know is my love for you is real.

Well my opinion is even if you two got back together...this will probably happen again. Sometimes relationships are restored...most times they are not. One thing I usually mention that you mentioned in your post is that men find other women because there is something missing in their current woman and they find this in someone else. At 56 years of age i'm sure he knows what he wants and what he does not want.

Good Luck

DBL