Should I try to pursue this?

(I want to apologize if this isn't the right section of the forum, but this kind of engenders many separate topics in the forum)

So I just recently "met" (I put that in " because we've only ever met through chat) a guy through a friend of mine from college. We got together through Skype more or less a month ago in order to play something together. After that, we had conversations (without my friend from college) every now and then.

Come February, we talked almost every day about anything and everything. We found that we had so much in common, and this was great because almost everyone I know has little to nothing in common with me regarding entertainment and such.

I started liking him a little bit, but I didn't want to accept it because of some previous liking to another straight male and the unpleasant experience that came with that.

That said, we both eventually revealed ourselves to like both (or the same) sex. This kind of gave me reassurance that something could happen. Every moment I have, I ended up thinking of him. When he wasn't available for chat, I'd often be extremely disappointed and not want to do anything with my other friends. I have been more and more happy with spending time with them again though. However, the moment he came on was the moment my day was made. I could talk to him about anything, and I told everything about what happened to me on that day, and he would often do the same if anything of interest happened to him.

I considered whether this was infatuation or lust/crush.

I only saw a picture of him once, but the liking had started before then, and I still don't really care about how he looks, so I pushed the though of lust away.

Infatuation is also a valid reason to what's happening though. My behavior seems to be what others have described as infatuation.

Still, I can't help but want to be with him. So far, I've only acted as a friend because I don't want it to get awkward. He is the only person who's managed to affect my mood to such a powerful degree.

I just wanted to say that though we've never met in person (skype calls and chats don't really count), he will be coming to my college soon and said that he was really excited to meet me in person.

Do you guys think I should pursue this as a possible relationship? He doesn't know of how I feel towards him =/

Its fine to post here, although there is a cyber relationship/dating thread on enotalone.

I think it would be a mistake to meet pretending like you have this huge history together, I think it was a mistake to get so involved through chat. Even with all that I see no reason not to meet up, in fact I think you should, either get this fantasy out of your system, or maybe there is something there.

Its fine to post here, although there is a cyber relationship/dating thread on enotalone.

I think it would be a mistake to meet pretending like you have this huge history together, I think it was a mistake to get so involved through chat. Even with all that I see no reason not to meet up, in fact I think you should, either get this fantasy out of your system, or maybe there is something there.

Sorry about it being the wrong section o.o I didn't know whether it should have gone here or in cyber, because it involves both cases and I don't know if it was acceptable to talk about something like a same sex issue in there xD

I wish to know what you mean by getting "so involved through chat" though. If you don't mind explaining ^.^

I agree with Luke. Bear in mind that what you have established online is a connection which could lead somewhere, but may not. So, meet up for sure, but just be aware that it's possible you might not like the guy so much in real life - or he might not like you. Give it a try but don't put all your hopes on it.

Archived