Photography

Donovan79

So a few years ago I picked up a pocket camera I really liked, the Olympus XZ-1, a nice little rig that took great shots and had some very cool effects on it. More to kill time than anything, I started taking photos from random angles of things that looked interesting, some didn't turn out too bad. This week upgraded to the Olympus PEN E-PL5, really digging it so far though it has a relatively huge lens.

A few of mine from London and travels around below. If anyone here has background in photography and tips in how to compose or adjust for better photos would love to hear it. Also please do share anything you've taken that you like.

image removed

image removed

Saddest penguin

image removed

image removed

I like the busyness/complexity that I notice in all of your photographs. I think you have a good eye. Are you a photographer professionally? London is so beautiful. Maybe try experimenting with trying to make simple things look really unique. I think that's a fun thing to try sometimes. Like a simple tree or perhaps a beach/water. Just some ideas.

I like the people pics and not to explode your ego, yes - you do have a natural talent. Good for you. Now I have probably ruined you. lol

I take a few pics now and then, mostly for historical value and future audiences [this is how Dad's world was!] so I'm partial to those types of images. Read the manual. Go on-line and read the tips of the trade, especially with digital photography. Don't get carried away looking for the perfect pic, it doesn't belong to you but your audience. They will tell you what your greatest work is.

Good luck. Always nice when someone opens the creative window and lets us breathe a little of it.