Beach Blues

Coolcat1

Should I be at all worried that my boyfriend is going to the beach tomorrow without me. Of course, there will be a lot of hot girls at the beach...And he may also be going to a beach club.

This summer he also went to a mission trip to Peru with 40 other teenagers, 30 of which he described as "beautiful girls." He was gone for two weeks, the duration of which we could not communicate at all. When he returned he told me he loved me more than when he left. I know that he did not cheat on me while he was gone or develop an interest in any of the other girls.

So should I be worried about his going to the beach?

No.

If you have a nice guy who tells you after 2 weeks away that he loves you more now, you should accept that. His comment about the beautiful girls may have been intended to let you know that he thinks they are "beautiful people" or possible to let you know that while he was surrounded by beautiful girls for 2 weeks, he still loves you more than he did before (and you should be happy that he did not succumb to temptation but he was true to you). Either way, if he has not cheated on you in the past or done anything to cause you to worry about your relationship, do not be one of those clingy, insecure women that eventually drives a good man away.

An adult and mature relationship that would last through college is one that requires trust on both partners' part.

Very true. But I wasn't asking that college question as it applies to my current relationship. I was just curious about others' experiences in that regard. I'm not really thinking about how college will affect my relationship yet.

Archived