*** Must Read *** Good advise for all daters.

inept

Okay. Well, I'm new to this forum however I tend to get well-known and well-liked in most forums I usually post in.

I'd like to first say that I am a 17 year old male from suburbia NJ. I have had my fair share of girlfriends and recently ended my relationship 5 days ago. It was a bit tough but I'm working through it. We dated for 1 year, 3 months, and 2 weeks.

Anyway, enough about myself. I'd like to just say. To all the people who want a girlfriend or a boyfriend. Dating is fun, but it's not the end of the world. Have fun, be safe, date and meet new people. I have read this site for a few hours now, today. And I see a common question is about asking a person out and being nervous.

It's tough, yes. But it's all in the name of having a good time. Confidence plays a part in this game but don't feel like you are going to die if someone says no. It may be embarrassing for a few minutes or maybe awkward. But it goes away within a few hours and you have a clean slate.

So my advise to everyone who is nervous about asking someone out. Just do it. It isn't going to be written in the history books that you liked this certain person and that person rejected you.

I once had a guy ask me out after talking with him maybe once about a test in school. I felt no attraction to him whatsoever and there was no initial flirting or anything, so I was completely caught off-guard when he asked me out. I said no, just because I wasn't really interested, but it just goes to show that the guys who put so much effort into it here are really nice even to do that. Some guys will just look at a girl, flash a smile, and ask for her number. The fact that you're actually caring about the girl & the process shows a greater consideration that a lot of ppl. and she'll probably appreciate that.

And I completely agree with this advice. I like to get to know a person, and will usually non-chalently ask them out because I don't like to just ask a person out point-blank, but it's a lot easier than you think, and it gets better with confidence & after dating more people. Dating should be something fun, not feared.

• 2 weeks later...

after what you just said, and reading this site for about... a ... one night i think i'm gunna ask this girl out in the very near future, or just tell her how i feel, what's the harm in that, i am so glad i came hear. One more thing i was gunna ask "what can you tell the friends of the girl that you like, in a way that will get them to help out the situation", something more then just telling them. Mabye so if they tell her it's in your favor. Anyway i'd like some Feed (KCAB)= back, ok, this message did it for me, i'm gunna do it.

I'm glad that you are going to not make this a big deal and go for it, because that's what it is. But as far as it goes to getting points with her friends, that all has to do with how well you know them. If you are good friends with them, I'm sure if you tell them your situation they can help out. If you aren't, just be nice to them, you really can't push yourself into a group of friends. So if they have any influence, they'll only have positive things to say.