Ex contacted me over health issues

We went NC again just 2 weeks ago where he said he wouldn't contact me again as he knew it upset me. This week he was in hospital and had his heart stopped and some other drama, so felt like he wanted to call and talk to me about it.

We chatted and he apologised in advance if his phone went off as battery was low. We chatted about his time in hospital, I didn't say I missed him or loved him, or behaved like the general wreck I usually am, not through trying, just .... I dunno. Phone cut out, then he called back and just said 'was nice speaking to you, have a nice day tomorrow, speak to you later'

It doesn't help him calling, I feel like he picks me up and puts me down when he feels like it.

I'm not as wrecked as I usually am, I'm ... calm ....

Oh, just got the obligatory text after the phone call. 'Wish you were here x'

of which for the first time I don't want to reply.

I'm kinda angry and upset he uses me and views me like this, there was a time not long ago I felt he really loved. Heck he was determined to spend every day with me, not just the odd night when he felt low.

Won't allow myself to be used like that anymore.

Why don't you tell him this?

To not contact me because it upsets me? I have, twice now, both times I could tell he was hesistant to cut ties fully.

DOn't understand why, don't understand any of it. Maybe because I made myself too available and he knows it.

Hi mate,

Sorry to hear about this, to me it just sounds like he's offering breadcrumbs and he knows you will be there for him. I'm sorry to say that I bet once he's out of hospital he will disappear again. Why people do this is beyond me, manipulation is a horrid word.

Keep strong Seece you deserve better.

OD

That is rough indeed. I know I wouldn't be able to resist an ex if they were sick.

Well he's better now, just felt the need to update me on it.

Hi mate,

Sorry to hear about this, to me it just sounds like he's offering breadcrumbs and he knows you will be there for him. I'm sorry to say that I bet once he's out of hospital he will disappear again. Why people do this is beyond me, manipulation is a horrid word.

Keep strong Seece you deserve better.

OD

Thanks OD, you're right, I think he knows I fall at his feet whenever he beckons me. He's at home now and is fit and able. I swear he just contacts me when he's lonely or feeling down.

Upsets me so much, the first month which wasn't long ago, it was like I was his entire world ...

Archived