Guys - what do you do when you like a girl?

fallen

I stare a whole lot... almost to the point of being creepy... then I always go out of my way just to be able to see her, like taking a different route to get to my classes. I'm also usually shy around them in fear of revealing something about my personality that she may not like.

Thanks edudlooc13, I think that's probably true with most guys (at least for most guys 17+..younger guys may still feel a bit insecure/uncomfortable about making conversation..) But I think that's true for both sexes..that's what I do as well..I'm not incredibly flirty though either.

Uh I'm 16+. I'm usually nice to everyone unless they start something with me, so when I'm around a chick I'll just act normal. Eye contact is a must, but I'm usually pretty good about that with everyone. I don't really think there's anything I do out of the ordinary. I don't turn red, I don't act all shy, and I don't do stupid things. I might go out of my way to please the girl, but as I said I try to do that with everyone. If I don't go out of my way for you I don't like you, but the fact I do doesn't mean I like you. I'm a tough guy to understand.

Chris

i blush and go completely nuts......

true in some cases, but now im a lot better and usually I like to look at her often (make sure she sees me looking at her before I look away). After a little while I go up and just try my best to talk to her.

I liek to begin the first meeting as a mature and outgoing person, and when I get more used to being around the girl, I start making a few jokes here and there. (For some reason my jokes are never funny if I tell them on our first meeting, nervousness maybe???) 0X

edudlooc13 said that he knows if a girl if interested in him. Is this the same for all you guys out there. I feel like i've been dropping hint left right and centre but i just keep getting mixed signals back.

Next question if u do like a girl and u suspect she likes you what do u do? Do you ask her out? What about if youre a kind of shy guy what would you do about it?

Well im about 17 1/3 and i usually just try to make lots of eye contact with the girl and smile since im too shy to do anything else.If they dont flirt that much it doesnt mean they dont like u becausde if they seem all clammed up they might be way to nervous kind of like i usually am.So i just try to do the basic things by smiling and stuff and trying to be nice but im nice to everybody so thats jsuta given

ok, if i like a girl, i want to get to know them before i even think about starting a relationship in case i find out there just annoying and impossible to be around, so i try talking to them as friends and just friends, if they dont like you for who you are you will NEVER have a successful relationship as you will always be pretending to be someone that your not. is it just me, because alot of guys try and be really cool and sophistacted around girls they like, where as im just myself starting conversations with no real importance other than the fact that they are there to be talked about!!!

if the girl who im talking to still replies or begins to start the conversations herself then thats great, but still only friends!!!

after shes friendly talking with you try and get her to hang out with you and your mates some time to see how she reacts to you just our with mates(acting totally natural without pretending to be some1 *cough*fakers*cough*)

then if you feel you know her quite well and still actually like her and enjoy her company, and see if she still likes hanging around with you, asking what your doing on the weekend and stuff, trying to hang out with you again then you have a very good chance of getting her to say yes if you ask her out. make sure shes not just a very good friend and nothing else before you do though, as it will be very difficult trying to get back the same friendship you had after you ask her out and she says no, if she says no.

lol 2nd post by me, and another very long 1 LOL!!!

not sure if this helps you erm, damm forgot your name (starter of this thread)

also....instead of what i have just said..if its a total stranger you like heres a better way..

just start a conversation about anything, doesnt really matter, get her talking and make her smile and laugh alot, when you have to go(she has to go, dont leave first yourself) , ask her for her mobile number or msn address so u can talk again some time...then...move onto what i said above at start of this post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hope this has helped u see the thoughts of a random 16 year old kid lol, any1 else feel the same way i do?? like older people above 16??

to shorten the whole post if your 2 lazy to actually read the thing then JUST TALK TO PEOPLE AS FRIEND AND NOT POTENTION GIRLFRIENDS AND YOUR MORE LIKLEY TO GET THEM TO LIKE YOU THAN IF YOU ACT AS IF U WANT 2 GO OUT WITH THEM STRAIGHT AWAY, MAINLY BECAUSE IF ITS STRAIGHT AWAY U DONT KNOW THEM AND THEY KNOW YOU DONT KNOW THEM...SO ITS NOT LIKEING HER FOR WHO SHE IS AND JUST WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE...get her to like you as a friend!!!

ok ok seriously this time......ill stop typing......!!!

Hey,

That's awesome, thanks! As a girl NoComply I have to say that I do the same thing as you -- get to know a guy well first before really seeing him as boyfriend material. But not so good friends that it's hard to see them otherwise -- just as acquaintances. It seems to be the best technique. =)

-prolonged eye contact

-i smirk instead of smiling cuz girls say i have a sexy smirk.. so i guess i'll use it

-compliment her personality, and sometimes her looks. but i've found that initially complimenting her personality or actions works better.

example of what not to do .. "you look so hot" or something like that

example of what u might wanna do: "hey you have an amazing sense of fashion. that dress (shirt, jacket w/e) looks great on you"

- look for cue lines so i can compliment her or make a joke

- flash the $$$