I'm moving a few states away. is it stupid for him to consider moving with me?

klvd

I really need some insight,

I'm 20 and in community college and seriously considering moving to Florida in 2 months to continue my education there. My boyfriend is 22 and we have been together for almost 2 years.He still lives in our home town, renting a room cheap (about $220?/month) with a couple he went to high school with. He didnt go to college, he works at a warehouse making 12/hr and works stupid late hours. all his family is here and the very few friends that did not move away are here. he doesnt really know what he is doing with his life yet. w/o a degree his options are limited. our relationship the last few months has been stressful to say the least. we had to solve some of his drinking issues and ive been a very miserable person seeing as i hate where i live and go to school and am trying to move but we've managed to pull through and we love each other very very very much. Im aware that we are young and while we do love each other and would like to both get married in the future, we just dont know how likely that is to happen, especially since we've been kinda rocky lately. he said he would try to get a job in FL and come with me but idk if i can ask him to give up everything for a relationship that might not work out in the end.

He doesnt have much but what he does have is all here in our hometown, I desperately want him to come with me but idk if its a good idea?

I HATE the idea of long distance realtionships. neither of us wants to do that, we believe to be in a relationship you have to spend time together and i already depend on seeing his face regularly during the week, the thought of not being able to be held by him or to kiss him is unbearable.

On the surface, it seems like him moving would be a great opportunity for him to get out of his rut, find better gainful employment or even go back to school. But, just playing Devil's Advocate here, do you really want at 20 years old to be dealing with such heavy issues as a boyfriend with a drinking problem?

On the surface, it seems like him moving would be a great opportunity for him to get out of his rut, find better gainful employment or even go back to school. But, just playing Devil's Advocate here, do you really want at 20 years old to be dealing with such heavy issues as a boyfriend with a drinking problem?

the drinking is under control now, its just taken me a long time to realize we have delt with his issues and to trust him and get over it. I actually probably shouldnt have even mentioned that in this post but i do want people to know there was a rough spot.

Archived