I lost everything I worked hard for...

krysta23

A week ago yesterday my husband came home on his lunch break and said he thinks we should go our separate ways. I have been with him 6 years, we have been through tough times and I thought we were fine now. We have a 5 yr old son, a house he has a new car. I begged him to come back and he would get mad @ me. Saying I just don't love you, It's time to go our separate ways, it's nothing you did. Such cliche answers to my breaking heart. I asked him was it someone else and he swore it wasn't, but everyone I talk to says it's got to be. Honestly I don't know how he would have time he always comes home after work and never goes any where. He says he just wants to be single again, be on his own, and find himself. He's always been pretty selfish, I guess this is just standard for him, he is showing no emotion at all and I'm in pieces. My son is NOT taking it well, and that hurts me even more to hear "Mommy where's Daddy?" I want him here with me." and "My Dad left me,""He's gone" I always put on my strong face and tell him how his dad loves him, and great he is and he left because he can't live with mommy.Then I turn my head and wipe the tears away. I feel so unwanted, unloved and hurt. I have a deep sadness that I don't know will ever go away. I feel so betrayed, my love and best friend told me I was not meant for him, and he was not happy. I come from a long line of broken homes as does he, and we promised each other we would never have that for our son. He broke that promise and our vows, I don't feel I will ever trust any one again.

I am so sorry for your pain. It's funny..i am going through a similiar loss. I have not been married but was in a relationship for 6 years. Highschool sweethearts..thaught we'd be together forever..i helped him through it all. I mean that too. And now its all slipping away. We have something in common unfortunately. Please IM me if you need a friend. --Jen

Men... I am going through something similar, although no kids involved. I am so sorry he did this to you. What an a#### Just feel your feelings, don't pretend it doesn't hurt. Be there for your kid and be true to yourself. If you dont' contact him for awhile he might start calling, that 's what happened with me... now mine is coming around all the time and it scares the heck out of me.

Don't beg, this from a woman who actually grabbed her husband's leg... it really doesn't work... try to do for yourself. I know it is so hard. I really know, I've been sucicdal, in therapy on drugs, drinking too much etc. Try to find a friend who can listen to your stuff for hours... that is a hard one, because you will be all over the map... I love him, I hate him, I need him... blah.

If you need anything plese let me know.

xoxoxo,

k33

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar experience with my wife. We're now separated. The first month I was a wreck. We worked hard for what we have. No kids, thank goodness. We've been married 7 years, together 10. It does get better, I promise. I too was in your situation, I still have the occasional bad day, but for the most part, I'm doing well, at least according to family & friends.

Keep your chin up, focus on your child. I recently talked to some woman I never met before out of suicide all because she thought she was a bad mother. I kept her calm and focused until EMS arrived and felt sorry for her. I'm not saying you'd do that or that you're a bad parent, what I'm saying is find support. My friends and family are mine, even if it's just to vent.