IBS, Hyperactive thyroid and Bipolar Disorder

My friend has IBS and is bipolar, she also has/had an eating disorder. Another distant friend of ours has IBS and the eating disorder; I don't know her well enough to know if she is bipolar. I am 99% sure that the eating disorder and the possibly consequent IBS has a strong correlation to the Bipolar personality. This is after reading this book about genetics and personality, I forget what its called, something like "genes matter more than you think" but the Author's name is Dean Hamer, and he says that this has to do with the type of seratonin gene that they have. It is so interesting, I recommend you read that chapter on seratonin, and see how many traits it is linked to it. I don't know if he mentions IBS but I definitely think it is linked to seratonin imbalances which is the driving force behind bipolar.

My friend says that when she is constipated she feels the low like she doesn't want to leave the house, or when she is happy she gets the diarrhea.......... so interesting...

As far as the overactive thyroid, I have no idea, I am curious as why you are asking this question. Is this a school report? Or do you have experience with someone who has these 3 things?

• 10 months later...