New years eve... it suddenly just hit me

Its 8pm over here in the UK, four hours before the new year, I have been doing ok-ish, but then it suddenly just hit me in the last half hour...she'll be out celebrating with her new boyfriend tonight, where-as im stuck at home, feeling kinda sorry for myself. But that thought has bought it back all the anguish and heartache temporarily, and it hurts like hell.

(btw i did have options to go out but didnt, regretting it now)

Anyway someone please tell me snap out of it....

Its 8pm over here in the UK, four hours before the new year, I have been doing ok-ish, but then it suddenly just hit me in the last half hour...she'll be out celebrating with her new boyfriend tonight, where-as im stuck at home, feeling kinda sorry for myself. But that thought has bought it back all the anguish and heartache temporarily, and it hurts like hell.

(btw i did have options to go out but didnt, regretting it now)

Anyway someone please tell me snap out of it....

Do a little ceremony to welcome the New Year and free yourself. Write her name on a paper, burn it at mid night and throw the ashes to the wind and let her go

Thanks Butterfly

The problem (along with another poster - Milsch) is that i pushed her away and caused the breakup and didnt realise what i had till it was gone. The breakup was totally all my fault. So its a really hollow feeling, especially tonight, i could have so easliy been the one celebrating with her.

I know im just feeling sorry for myself, it totally came out of nowhere. Damn now i wish i went out and got stupidly drunk!

The problem (along with another poster - Milsch) is that i pushed her away and caused the breakup and didnt realise what i had till it was gone. The breakup was totally all my fault. So its a really hollow feeling, especially tonight, i could have so easliy been the one celebrating with her.

Add me to that list. i too will be sittin home with my dog tonight, gonna try to drink myself asleep before 12. pity party 2012. good luck to you man.

Unless a drastic change of plans happens, i'll be burning in the new years by myself as well. I did have an option too... but I declined. Mainly though I'm not into the "amateur hour" aspect of New Years Eve, not because of any other reason. Since my point of view has changed recently, I think the new year will be great. In the end she did me a favor, and realizing that has changed everything. It will be interesting what reception she gets when she comes sniffing around again, as it is highly likely.

OK...so she just messaged me "Happy new Year!" at 7.50am. This after 6 weeks NC, after me writing a heartfelt letter basically apologising for my actions & stating how much missed her, and then her replying she is happy with new guy and that we would never get back together. (the actual breakup happened in April and there was sereval lomg stretches of NC between then too)

Now a couple of things:

Firstly i was kinda expecting it, guess you can say i had a feeling, so im not totally shocked. If i had a got any sort of message from her a few months it would have meant the world, but i know this doesnt mean anything. So dont worry im not jumping the gun.

Secondly she sent it using whatsapp, which if your not famliier with is like a msn messenger type app for smartphones, so it could be a broadcast message to everyone on her phone book.

Now, i feel i have a few options and would love your guys advice, and sooner rather than later! Maybe im being a tad childish here but i guess i want to maximise the fact that ive moved on (which ok...i kinda havent fully!)

So with whatsapp, it tells you if youve opened someones message, like a confirmation. I havent opened her message yet. So i could:

1) Delete the message without opening it, she wont know if i got it or not, or think ive just ignored it

2) Open it, which will show that ive read it, and not reply.

2) reply with a "happy new year to too, but who is this? dont recognise your number" msg. I deleted her number ages ago, but i can actually remember her number off by heart.

3) Simply reply with happy new year back

p.s. i probably shoouldnt even be posting about this but sadly i guess im not over her.

Archived