Being just friends.

Im in an uncomfortable situation with a girl that i've been dating for about 5 months.

We broke up about 3 weeks ago, but it has been a breakup that i haven't really been involved with. ususally, they end real messy and we end up not speaking for months. well, in this case, me and this girl still hang out.

she told me she didn't want to lose me and still see me, but we have to be friends right now because she is going through some things. and I totally respect that. however, I had to explain to her how it isn't going to be that easy.

now i don't know what to do. She was never my friend before we started dating. But she became my best friend while we were. And I really do love this girl and enjoy spending time together. we cross over the friendship boundary all the time though. anything from going out on dates to everything else.

then the next day she'll act completely different. it's all starting to get on my nerves and I'm not sure what I should do. i can't decide if I should just stop seeing her for good until i get over my feelings, or continue what i'm doing.

girls, why do you talk about some stuff like being with us and then stay over at the house, then the next day, talkin about being just friends? why do yall do this? and then repeat the same thing over?

hey.... sorry to hear about ur situation, i was in it about 3 month ago..... me and my girl of a year and half broke up in march.... She was going through issues and asked me to be her best friend..... so i did..... but we did things "best friends" should not have done..... like all the time.... and than the next day she'd act all weird.... finally i got sick of it and decided to end whatever contact I have with her..... because it wasn't healthy for me to go through that.

my advise to u is to do what I did, just give her an all or nothing call. Like either u guys get back together or not speak to her until you are over it. You need to teach this girl she can't have the best of both worlds..... If she wants the love and saftey of a relationship than she needs to be able to put in the time and comminitment that is nessasarry.....

best of luck to you