How to help a friend

I am aboout to be a freshman in highschool. In the 8th grade, one of my best friends, had a really hard time getting all of her work done on time or at all. I used to call her at 9:30 when I had finished my home work and she wouldn't have even started. Toward the end of the year, alot of people started slacking off on everything. We had two spanish groups, a and b, and she was in group b. Group b went to spanish after group a, so on her way to spanish she would ask another friend for her homework, and she would take it to class pretending that it was hers. She got away with it for a while, and then i convinced her to stop using someone elses homework and helped her get more organized so things wern't as hard for her. I guess what I am asking is, becuase were not at the same school anymore, how I can I try to help her manage her work so she doesnt get overwhelmed and do what she did last year, or should I just leave it alone. Any advice is more than apprecated.

Hello carolinacutie164,

I dont think that you should have to help her twice with the same thing.

Im sure that she learned a lot from you helping her to manage the workload and im sure that she realises how much better it is that she does the work herself.

If she goes back to how she was originally then she will have learned nothing. I believe that its perfectly fine to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them. If she has not learned then i wouldnt bother helping her.

abcd1234

That's just the way some people are with there schoolwork. I'm kind of one of them. Alot of things will change as a freshman, including your study habits. There's really nothing you can do, shes going to either do her work herslef or use someone elses or just not do it at all. Whatever she decides to do, its going to be her life effected by it. If she asks you for some help with her homework, I say help her out, but other then that, its up to her.

Dave 8)