Skin issues need suggestions?

I have olive indian skin tone which is prone to discolorations and pimple marks easily. I have tried some stuff to name a few clearasil, garnier, ambi, johnsons but nothing has worked..like it will work for a couple of days then my skin goes back to normal..being dry,sensitive and my lips crack very easily and always looks dry and cracked. What are some good products that i can maybe try that are inexpensive and will take care of my skin in order to make it glow,healthy and vibrant. Also i need something for my lips although i have tried lip ice,labello,soft lips..they just dont work for that long anyways.

My skin condition sounds exactly like yours. My skin tone is caramel, and after a spot heals, I get a discoloured mark. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can stop the discolouration. But you can use some cheap products to improve the appearance. Hopefully these are available where you are. Just keep in mind that your skin may react differently to these products because everyone is different. So perhaps do a patch test on your hand first. Also, I was on Roaccutane for 11 months, so my skin is extra extra extra sensitive and dry...dry like the Sahara Desert

I've listed them below:

* Discolouration of skin:

Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser

It's not an overnight miracle cleanser, but use it for about a week to see the difference

link removed

* Dry Skin (I was on Roaccutane for 11 months and my skin never went back to being oily, but now it's extra dry! So this product might be a little too rich for you)

Oilatum Face Cream

Unfortunately, I get these shipped from the UK to Australia. link removed

* Dry lips (I've tried a lot of lip moisturising products during my Roaccutane course which pretty much destroyed my lips, these are the best so far)

Maybelline Baby Lips (this is new and I've tested it for about 1 week now and IT'S AMAZING)

link removed

Lucas Paw Paw (I think you can only get these from Australia...not sure)

link removed

I alternate between the two now because my lips get used to the same product and they stop working.

Also, please please please always use sunscreen. I use sunscreen 365 days a year...don't care if it's winter or raining, don't care if I'm only going to be exposed to the sun for 10 mins during my bus ride to work. There are plenty of sunscreens on the market that do not have the gross sunscreen smell and texture. I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer, it's as light as a feather and not sticky to touch!

link removed

Also, if you can afford it, get a facial once every month or 2 months. I know these can be very expensive, but the products they use are very concentrated and works wonders.

I just had one today and the salon I go to uses Payot products. Instantly, my discoloured spot on my chin disappeared! It cost me $77AUS. And that's discounted. So yes it is a bit hefty, but I reckon we should all invest on taking care of our skin!

Lastly, you already know this, drink lots of water and watch what you eat!

Hopefully this helped and goodluck!

Hi there i have never had a facial in my life lol, i was always too scared my skin would get rashes afterwards but i think ill go for one this week. Oh and the products youve mentioned,I have never heard of them,im from south africa so i have to see if i can get them but most likely I wont. I dont know what else to try that is available for me to buy from my local store..have you tried Ponds?

Doh! Sorry!! Hahaha

I did try the Ponds moisturiser but I found that my skin just became an oil slick!

Give it a go yourself and see how you go, your skin might react differently to it!

Yes definitely give the salon a try, they will recommend some products to you. Just watch out and don't buy straight away. The products they sell are usually very expensive.

What I do is get my beautician to write down the products she used on me and I go home and buy them from StrawberryNet link removed (check if they ship to SA) or just google and compare the prices from the online stores.

The expensive products from the various salons I've tried that really worked for my hyperpigmentation and helped with dryness were (wasted too much money on some that didn't work!)

Payot

MD Formulations

Decleor

Before buying products, try and visit this site for some reviews link removed

Goodluck!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, especially around my mouth (sexy eh?)

Well I finally went to a dermatologist (as a birthday present) and basically the only FDAapproved compound that works for discoloration/wrinkles whatever your skin problem is retinol. There is a cream your doctor can prescribe and it contains retinol and it is mostly used for acne scars/discoloration. It goes under your insurance if you are under 26 I believe because by then many women ask for it for wrinkles but insurance won't cover it for that reason (or something like that). Anyways, my doctor told me that before he would prescribe me it I should get a cream from the drugstore/sephora and let me skin get used to it because it can cause irritation.

I bought Roc as well a Philosophy from Sephora. I've been using it for a moth now and I do notice a couple of things: 1) my skin seems not to have that many pores 2) the edges to where the dark spots around my mouth have blended in better with my normal skin tone 3) my undereye circles have gotten better. After I'm done with this I'm definitely going to the dermatologist to get the prescription stuff!

Only bad thing I have experienced is that I cannot sunbathe AT ALL. I am hispanic so I am pretty tan but my face is probably 5 shades lighter than my body. I was dumb enough to try to tan it and got hyperpigmentation spots. I don't know how I am going to fix my ghostly face but for now, I'd rather lather on suncreen and get these spots removed and then worry about how I can make my face more tan

Archived