My boyfriend is always trying to make me jealous, and I can't handle it!

beachgrl

Hello,

I have a boyfriend whom I have been with for 4 months. He does kind of weird things. When I don't show him alot of attention, back off a little, he is complementing me all the time calling me his "model girlfriend" "beautiful", etc. Well, when I am insecure, he does things that upset me. He claims he is just playing around, but I feel he is insecure too, and trying to get a reaction. He sees some girl on TV, and says that she is really cute. Then another girl, he will call his "fantasy girlfriend" then when I give this reaction, he says I am being ridiculous and that its not like he will ever even see her.

But why do that? am I over-reacting??](*,)

I've been there, very early in my relationship with current my fiance use to do this because he thought it was "cute" when i got jelous. After several heated agruements about it I decided it was just a waste of engry to get mad everytime he mentioned a girl on tv or the street so I stopped reacting. Eventually he stopped, stating it wasn't fun or cute if I didn't get mad. I honestly think it was an ego boost for him, the best reaction is no reaction. A "thats nice honey" and shrug work for me .

I've been there, very early in my relationship with current my fiance use to do this because he thought it was "cute" when i got jelous. After several heated agruements about it I decided it was just a waste of engry to get mad everytime he mentioned a girl on tv or the street so I stopped reacting. Eventually he stopped, stating it wasn't fun or cute if I didn't get mad. I honestly think it was an ego boost for him, the best reaction is no reaction. A "thats nice honey" and shrug work for me .

I know for a fact he does it to get a reaction, because he laughs when i get mad. Nice. But yeah, when you stop reacting, its not fun for them anymore. Makes sense.

Archived