How true do you all think this is (gals and guys)

Massari

I think it's very true. When I pushed too hard to keep getting time with my gf, she would keep pulling away more. Conversely, when I would be gone on a trip or working for the summer in California, she would jump into my arms when I finally got to see her. If your girlfriend gets too much of you and your time, it works in the reverse and she actually wants less to do with you. Personally I'd love to spend every waking minute with the girl I love, and that ended up being our problem (we broke up two weeks agoa fter a 2 year relationship ).

Well actually "people want what they cant have". There is a way to get out of this trap. It takes time, patience and knowledge. Most people arent will to get themselves out of this trap of wanting what you cannot have. If you think about it, then it makes no sense to want what you cannot have because if you do then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Instead go after the females that go after you, this way you are satisfied. This does not mean that you avoid the type of females that you would normally want, instead you be friendly with them and because you are satisfied (by the girls that want you). You are now a challange. You will be surprised how many females will start "liking" you.

It's a flaw of human nature. Give us something for free, and we take it for granted. If we worked hard to attain what we wanted, we are less likely to take it for granted (but will do it eventually).

Give humans an inch and they will take 10 miles. Tell us we can't have something, gues what, that's what we want.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed tht all the replies so far have been from guys so I thought I'd give you a female opinion.

Girls do like guys they cant have a lot of the time. (Just look at my post) and the guy who wears his heart on his sleeve can be cast aside.

BUT, more often they go for the guys they can have.

Guys just rarely make their feelings known so sometimes they miss out on the girl.

Another girl's oppinion:

Well, I think that it's true for both men and women. Somebody told me this a long time ago when I was going over a break up...men are like shadows, you follow them, they go away from you, you turn around and try to walk away - they start following you.

I guess we do the same, but with me it only works in the beginning..I don't like when a guy is asking for my attention 24/7 if we only know each other for 2 weeks. It creeps me out. But once we established intimacy and we are going out for some time already, I like to spend all of my time with that person.

But I think we, women, also understand that sometimes guys get borred and used to us being around and "available" to them all the time, so we try to push back - just to, I guess, spice up the relationship, put the chase factor back into the relationship. When we see that the guy in question is not moving his a$% from the couch and not even noticing the fact that we are not around - there's a red flag for us, and we push back even more...eventually, if that doesn't work - some girls just take it as a sign and leave for good.

Makes sense?