NC might be working

Background. Hubbie and I split 7 weeks ago, we decided to start seeing eachother every friday. Been going on for about a month...Last friday went a little funky, I asked him to call me over the weekend, he did not, heck he didn't call at all. So I mustered up all my pride and refused to call him. I figured it would be bad and needy to call... Since I hadn't heard from him I decided to see what other folks were doing tomorrow, so if he didn't call, I wouldn't be sitting home alone...

I had decided this morning to completely give up and move on.  I had a long talk with myself and decided that waiting around for him to change was only going to make me crazy.  Just stop waiting on him and go forward without him.  And I was ok with it. So strange, the timing... because then...

He called, didn't call me back, he called me!  He started by asking me for a favor which I found kind of rude, but whatever.  Then he asked me what I was doing tonight, I have sort of half plans so I said I was busy... then he said what about tomorrow?  So I said sure, we could go bowling.  Then he said great.

THEN HE SAID HE WANTS TO MOVE TO xxx TO GET OUT OF THE PUBS!!!! (part of the problem, too much pub time with some bad boys) I said great idea, and then you could cook me dinner after work. (I work right next to xxx).  He laughed and said sure.

This is pretty good, yes?

Oh boy I'm feeling pretty good right now.  I won't get my hopes up but it sounds a little bit more positive... yes?

Whatcha think?

Hey K...

Indeed, that does sound positive. However, you are right with having not too high hopes. I think if you take one step at a time you´ll have a good chance of getting where you want...so don´t let yourself get in your way...(although I might be just saying this cause it happened to me...lol )

I have to say I liked the way you asked him to take you out for a dinner...good one! However, be careful about being too quick or too available. But as far as I can tell you are on a good way...

Good luck!

k33,

I am happy for you as it sounds very positive. Believe me when I say he didn't call for a favor but to make contact with you.

Sounds like he is missing you. Funny thing about NC, I read repeatedly, and its happened with me before, that just when we are starting to feel strong and independent, about to move on, they seem to come back.

Hang in there, take things slow. I think he is exploring something big.

Oh I am almost too busy. I've been getting together with friends at least three times a week and I am leaving town next week, and he knows it, for a debaucherous time in new orleans with my friend. (Not boys, but almost anything else).

I have been taking it really slow, but you know I really didn't think he would call at all. Or ever. So I was steeling myself for that. I have to say I am feeling much better knowing that he was thinking about me, at least a little.

Cause I don't know about you all, but after about 6 days on NC the slump sets in. We'll see. Gosh I want it to work!!!

Something big? What's that mean... leave me hanging???

It just sounds like he wants to spend more time with you. Maybe along the lines of a reconciliation?

My sister is indeed going out with my whatchamacallit tomorrow night as part of a "girls night out". I am glad for them all. I am going to watch my favorite team practice then go out for some drinks.

So tomorrow should be a good night for everyone!