does any one know where to take a girl on on a first date?

I'd love for a guy to surprise me with something totally exciting and fun to do, like rock climbing (but indoors on a wall)..of course, this depends on the lady and her interest level.

But first dates should always be about talking so that the both of you can get to know each other. Dinner is always a good way to break the ice. But after dinner, suggest a nice leisurely walk in a park or by the beach, or ask her to come to you home (or hers) to rent a movie. This includes private time to talk, plus a distraction to rest from the talking.

If there are any festivals happening in your area, those are great social events to take her to. It's summer time! There are tons of things to do for a first date!

I agree with scott on this one, your first date is something that should be about yourself not distractions around you, and because of that it shouldnt be somewhere such as the movies because the conversation can be lead by whats around you, maybe you could do something thats personal to you or take her somewhere thats personal to you, other than that a meal could be nice or something really simple like goin to one of the near by centres or something. depends on your taste...

I guess something thats shows that youve put a little thought into, that would be great. Trust me, us girls arent that hard to please just as long as its thoughtful or something simple.

Kel

Well me, I like going to bistros or cafes and hanging out for a while. After we hit it off I joke around saying that I should walk the food off or it'll go straight to my thighs, girls typically love that one lol. This will allow you to walk around the city some more and talk.

Depends on the girl, how old she is and such, but I find the ones closest to my age (20) enjoy going out to those places or my favorite is shooting pool at a nice pub. This gives you the chance to talk to each other and you can mess around with them quite nicely.

Just remember movies work when you're young, but as you get older girls typically like to talk and find out more about a guy as they've probably had many boyfriends already and kind of want to jump right to the point. Hell if you were asked out by a guy 5-10 times a day by the time you were 20, wouldn't YOU want something a little more than watching a movie and then going home? Think about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything needs to be based primarily on the girl in question as long as you will enjoy it as well.

Don't pull out all of the stops as you have no where to go but down after that!

Gotta river with boats to ride?

Show her your fun side and go bowling after a few drink to break the ice-just don't go if you are even slightly competitive.

Art Gallery (if the type) then a light meal afterwards?

A mate of mine took his date on a trip to a chocolate factory as she loves chocolate!!

Baseball game complete with bee and hotdogs?

Be creative.

Good luck