I am still trying to figure out her response!

I submitted a post a couple of weeks ago concerning my feelings for my good friend (who is in a relationship with her boyfriend at the college she attends.)

link removed

Since that time, I heeded Beec's advice and bided my time. However, a couple of nights ago...certain events happened.

We were heavy cuddling at her house when she brought up the fact that my friends keep on asking her if we were dating. I said that I always responded with the same reply when asked...that we were good friends.

She then asked me if I came into the summer 'expecting more' from us. This led to a summary of how much we have hung out over the summer and how close we became and I eventually confessed that I had feelings for her for a while, but that I was here for her as a good friend because she is dating Steve

This confession lifted a huge weight off my chest, Alyssa said that she had known for a while and asked me why i think we had become close during the period that she has been dating her boyfriend. I told her that I honestly did now know and she told me that it was probably because 'we coudn't have each other' because she is dating Steve.

She then asked how I would have admitted my feelings at the beginning of the summer ( When she was not dating Steve) I told her that I wouldn't know...

She ended up telling me that she 'cared for me more than you know' and we cuddled for another hour until she was tired (it was 3 AM in the morning by that time

So here's the question for you guys...how should I interpret this?

I don't think I will forever be relegated to 'just friends' status with her...but I am still trying to comprehend our talk.

The positive side out of all of this is that she did not go kicking and screaming into the night after I admitted how I felt. So I know that we will be pretty good friends through whatever happens.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Buzz