Some body PLEASE help me, my private part hurts :(

Hi people sorry if the heading is grose, i hope this is the correct catogory, i really need to know why my left testicle is hurting? its been hurting since 2 days now and it hurts all the way to my back, can some body please tell me why thats happening? it hurts bad

Yes, either could be serious. The fact that you say the pain travels all the way to your back has me pretty concerned. An infection can do lots of damage to both your testicles and spread through your body.

A twisted testicle, if the blood supply is constricted enough, can actually die.

It could be torsion. If it is - VERY SERIOUS! Avman is right, see a docotr immediately. If you have torsion, they have limited time to correct the problem.

Torsion is basically a twisted testicle. Occurs mostly with running, exercise, etc. with no "support". However, have seen it with car accidents!

I could explain it myself, but I'll let you read this info on it:

Background: Testicular torsion is a urologic emergency and must be differentiated from other complaints of testicular pain because a delay in diagnosis can lead to loss of the testicle.

Pathophysiology: The typical testicle is covered by the tunica vaginalis, which attaches to the posterolateral surface of the testicle and allows for little mobility.

In patients who have an inappropriately high attachment of the tunica vaginalis (ie, bell clapper deformity), the testicle can rotate freely on the spermatic cord within the tunica vaginalis. This congenital anomaly, which can be found in as many as 12% of males, allows the testicle to twist spontaneously on the spermatic cord 1 or more times, causing testicular torsion. This twisting leads to venous occlusion and engorgement, with subsequent arterial ischemia causing infarction of the testicle.

In the neonatal age group, the testicle frequently has not yet descended into the scrotum and becomes attached within the tunica vaginalis. Additionally, this mobility of the testicle predisposes it to torsion.

Mortality/Morbidity: This urologic emergency requires prompt diagnosis, immediate urologic referral, and rapid definitive treatment for salvage of the testicle.

A salvage rate of 80-100% is found in patients who present within 6 hours of pain.

After 6-8 hours, the salvage rate markedly decreases, and it is near 0% at 12 hours.

Sex: Testicular torsion affects males only.

Age: Testicular torsion most often is observed in males younger than 30 years, with most aged 12-18 years. The peak age is 14 years, although a smaller peak also occurs during the first year of life.

History:

History includes a sudden onset of severe unilateral scrotal pain.

As many as 50% of patients have a history of prior episodes of intermittent testicular pain that has resolved spontaneously (intermittent torsion and detorsion).

Onset of pain can occur more slowly, but this is an uncommon presentation of torsion.

Torsion can occur with activity, be related to trauma, or develop during sleep and includes the following:

Scrotal swelling

Nausea and vomiting (20-30%)

Abdominal pain (20-30%)

Fever (16%)

Urinary frequency (4%)

Physical:

Involved testicle painful to palpation; frequently elevated in position when compared to the other side

Horizontal lie of the testicle

Enlargement and edema of the testicle; edema involving the entire scrotum

Scrotal erythema

Ipsilateral loss of the cremasteric reflex

Usually, no relief of pain upon elevation of scrotum (elevation may improve the pain in epididymitis [Prehn sign])

Fever (uncommon)

Causes:

Congenital anomaly; bell clapper deformity

Undescended testicle

Sexual arousal and/or activity

Trauma

Exercise

Active cremasteric reflex

Cold weather

Get to a doctor ASAP. If it's testicular tortion you need to do something about it quickly. I've had testicular tortion and it is VERY painful. If you dont act quick you could lose your tersticle. I was lucky and got it in just in time. I had been suffering from it for 24 hours before I got into surgery.