anyway I can convince her to be in an official relationship?

wmade77

okay so I ve got feelings for this girl and she's got feelings for me as well.. But she wouldn't be in a relationship because she's worried that if we end our relationship it would also end our friendship and she's not ready for a relationship right now? is there any way I can convince her otherwise?

Thanks

I would definitely suggest taking it slow. my current GF and I liked eachother for a couple of months before we became official and I am glad I waited because the feelings were even better and I knew her more than i would of just jumping into things. Just saying, taking it slow isn't that bad.

The following is what I would say:

That thing you said about "if the relationship ends, so will the friendship" is something that will happen on its own. If its destine to happen, so it will. No one can stop that, not you, me or anyone. But i strongly believe that you and i are made for each other. If that's not what forms a relationship, then what is? Unless you honestly don't feel the same as I do, then I understand. But I think you do, i can see it in your smile, your lips, your thighs...."

sorry got a little carried out there. But just know the following: if the relationship fails, so does your friendship. relationship does change friendship in the long run - you guys will fight about silly things, get into each other's nerves, there's no perfect relationship, just a relationship. good luck!

Also I hope you realise she has a genuine concern here. If you do get together and split up then this has a high chance of wrecking the friendship. There may not be any bad feelings but having been in a romantic relationship with someone can make it hard to incorporate into your life in the same way. The dynamics just don’t usually work out that well. Ok for having a coffee with once every 12 months but not for much else.

But of course that might be something you don’t have to worry about. Perhaps you’ll end up with this woman in a lasting relationship.

I agree that it’s a good idea to take things slowly. I can understand your frustration though. Just try to support her (feelings, desires etc) as much as possible.

Also in my experience most people have a hopelessly low resistance to someone they fancy romantically. If she doesn’t come around with time then maybe she doesn’t feel the same way?

Good luck

okay so I ve got feelings for this girl and she's got feelings for me as well.. But she wouldn't be in a relationship because she's worried that if we end our relationship it would also end our friendship and she's not ready for a relationship right now? is there any way I can convince her otherwise?

Thanks

Yeah dude, you should wait until she's ready. Me and my girlfriend were friends for about a year, liked each other for months before we were both ready for a serious relationship. And it has all paid off.

Archived