My ex boyfriend wants to start over. What should I do?

babybees

I have been breaking up for about 1.5 months now. (We were in relationship for 7.5 months). He's the dumper. So since the break up, i've never called or tried to contact him. He calls me once in awhile (it has been a few times now). The last time he called, he told me that he wanted to start over. I told him I need a few months because I want to focus on my myself.

I have a feeling that he wanted to start over with me because it didn't work with his rebound girl. This is just my assumption from our conversation last time. (Of course he didn't say anything about it directly).

He told me he'd call me again sometimes in August.

I'm confused what I have to do. I still love this guy. I sometimes think...maybe I should give a try. Not right away...maybe wait for another next 3 month? So let him wait for me for few months. If he does want me, i guess he'd wait right? I sometimes wonder if i should go back just to see why he wanted to start over. Does he really love me or just because....his selfishness... so nothing to lose,,,,

I sometimes think about this quote "When you love someone, let him go, If he comes back, he's yours, but if he doesn't, it never yours". Does this quote apply to me now? Or is it too early to tell for my situation?

What should I do? should I take him back? I'm sooo confused.

Thanks in advance!

babybees

"When you love someone, let him go, If he comes back, he's yours, but if he doesn't, it never yours".

oh i heard that quote before and applied it. the first time she came back now its the second time and idk yet haven't heard anything and its still early so.. i hope she comes back.. now about your situation you could either try and start things real slow so that you wont lose yourself in it or continue with what you believe in and that is to give you a couple of months so you can get yourself back and if he does come back then maybe its ment to be.

I think you should have some time to yourself. Keep the separation now that you know he's expressed to you he wants to give things another try, and like you said see if he really wants you and waits around till your ready. If in this time, he sticks around, and you decide to give it another shot...take things very slowly (and make it apparent to him). You don't want to jump right back into the relationship you had before. Instead, you need to change the things that were 'wrong' between the two of you and to make sure he's in it for the long haul this time and he's not back because he's lonely and/or bored.

I think you are doing the right thing by taking some time. The quote is true. I also believe "if it's meant to be, it's meant to be." Either way, you may be right about his rebound girl not working out. You seem to be doing pretty good and you have a good head on your shoulders. Hope everything works out for you

Archived