nine months and still he will not speak to me..

well you called it !! tuesday he got news from his Dr that he was in remission but not out of the woods.. so today he tells me I want more than he can give me right now and he cant be my boyfriend and we are not a couple. He wants to start slow and build from there and be friends and have dinner and watch movies and be close. but he cannot give me anything more.. he has too much stuff in his head. So what prompted the whole conversation this morning was my question to him.. John, would yiou have contacted me if you had not been sick.. his reply.. probably not.. I am such an ass... ;-(

So I was right...hmm. One thing I have noticed about myself is that my BS detector is pretty accurate these days. So I guess when we go through these painful scenarios in our lives we learn more than we even realize.

honestly guys, the feeling in my gut is this.. he has been drinking himself to death.. I think most of what I saw were from issues like that but I will never know for sure.. so, back to my gut feeling.. I think he was with someone and got dumped.. came back to town and to his old place with the roommate and contacted me because yes, he knew I was waiting.. and like an idiot I fell for it again.. I had not seen him since Sunday when I dropped him off at his place on may way to work.. he kissed me goodbye and said I love you and wished me a good night at work.. and today he looked fresh and better and shaved and cleaned up when I picked him up.. so I had not seen him in what three days?? and all of a sudden he went from "please dont ever leave me" and "I want this to work more than anything" and "you are my girl" to "sorry I mislead you"?? what the hell ????

So I am thinking the person he was with forgave him and they were hooking back up.. just my gut feeling ya know??

Facebook is the worst. I finally deactivated my account. It feels great! My real friends know how to get ahold of me.

as far as his facebook account lol he showed me his page last week,, he deleted his page again he said and only has 7 friends.. and had to "explain" the two women lol I said dude, I know who they are they were one your page two years ago.. no need to explain lol anyway. its all stupid.. I told him I do not want to see his page and we are not going to be "friends" on facebook and I have no desire to post stupid crap on his wall like I love you and crap like that lol anyway no matter now ;-(

hey there!! good to see you too.. yea was some post alright lol too late to avoid the hurt.. he really pulled put on the bull for this one.. I fell for it all.. idiot I am lol

Awww beach, sorry to hear that! This guy is a piece of work. I do agree that he ran to you when his gf (?) dumped on him, with a sad tale to tell, then ran back. So you'll stop waiting now, right? You deserve a lot more than that beach. Don't be a back up plan. No way. His actions speak much louder than words. Stop listening! I hope you are okay and that things are good! ((hugs)) You can do better!

And this really made me want to drive down there and punch him in the man region. Sheesh, what gull.

So I was right...hmm. One thing I have noticed about myself is that my BS detector is pretty accurate these days. So I guess when we go through these painful scenarios in our lives we learn more than we even realize.

I hope so.... ;-) I hope I have learned.. this was the kicker.. I am still in shock over this.. almost feels like it didn't really happen.. like nothing is changed.. just going on without contact and trying to forget him..

Awww beach, sorry to hear that! This guy is a piece of work. I do agree that he ran to you when his gf (?) dumped on him, with a sad tale to tell, then ran back. So you'll stop waiting now, right? You deserve a lot more than that beach. Don't be a back up plan. No way. His actions speak much louder than words. Stop listening! I hope you are okay and that things are good! ((hugs)) You can do better!

And this really made me want to drive down there and punch him in the man region. Sheesh, what gull.

ha!! a punch would be good for him lol My brother wants to meet up with him in a dark alley someday ;-) thanks for the hug.. I needed one... still do.. still numb.. still can't believe he was here and all this actually happened..

• 9 months later...

update.. the ex passed away Sunday March 25th 2012. Cancer got the best of him.. And the smoking and the drinking and the drugs. SO.. this thread has come to an end.. Thank you all for your support over the years and especially the close friends I have made here.. I really wish the best to all of you !! xox

• 2 months later...
this was a story I needed to read. I hope YOU are doing well. How is your life? I hope you are happy and will meet someone wonderful who will love you.

doing ok now...was a shock for a while. got really ill.. but getting better ..have moments of disbelief still...thank you for asking.. as for meeting someone??? I think I will stay with cats ... they are far less traumatizing than humans.. ;-)

• 4 months later...

Oh Beach I had to log in to post, which I've only done once or twice. Reading through this thread was rough, and reminded me of what I've been through the last couple of years. And what I let myself be put through to try to recapture those first couple or blissful, seemingly perfect years... And reading that he's passed brought tears to my eyes.

I think that you'd been living with some small hope. I know just how hard it is to kill completely, it's almost impossible. I still come on here searching for stories of reunited love and my ex is with someone else now. The fact is though, now that he's really, truly gone forever you will likely be facing a whole other level of grieving. Please remember to remind yourself every day that you are still very much alive and you deserve to focus on your own future, your own potential and your own happiness. I think it's clear that a part of you will always love him, and that's okay. Give yourself permission to let go this time, for your own sake. It's okay if you want to be single, but you must be you.

Much love and good wishes to you stranger.

thank you for your kind words.. they make so much sense.. it is good to read them and see in black and white the actual perspective.. I sit here now and wonder what to do.. what to feel.. feel anything but this misery and empty feeling.. dead inside.. I hope this gets better soon.. it sux ;-(

Archived