I am going to kill myself if I can't find a release...

tadams

I need to get away, just drive and take some time to myself. I don't have much money and no family. I was thinking of going to a beach somewhere, but don't know if I can do it. Are there any things I could do to just get away from here and spend some time to myself somewhere? I can't stay at a friend's house because no one has time for me. I need to remove myself from my surroundings and judgmental people and just start new.

I need to do some soul searching alone. I live with my mom, and when I told her last night why I don't feel like I want to live, she told me life could be worse that I needed to move on and try harder at finding a job. I can tell you I've been on over 25 interviews... no joke. I have interviews every week, so that comment was way out of line. On top of that, while I'm crying and trying to pour my heart out to her, she says "ya know, I could be one of these parents that throw their kids out on the street." It was the most hurtful conversation I've ever had with a human being. She pretty much came accross as I'm not good enough. I need to get away, do some soul searching, journaling, etc. My home is too small, and i feel I may have a nervous breakdown here or hurt my mom or break things... I have to get away. I may just have to go broke doing that. By the way, I feel I'm in need of inpatient treatment, but I don't have insurance. The bills are not worth it. I would lose my car and all I have if I had to pay for that. And where would that leave me? Even more in a hole...

You can come to my house and play Super Mario.

I know, I know, you're thinking "I'm not good at those games, I feel dumb if you see me play and I'm no good at it."

But it's just entertainment, if you enjoy it then there's no such thing as being good or bad at it. Do you worry about "not being good at watching movies"?

And maybe you don't like Mario. That's fine, cause I got Sonic too!

I can imagine that it's not easy to live with your mom. Everybody needs their personal space, and it helps to have something to call your own.

As soon as you get a job, I bet things will start to look a lot better. Right now you feel hopeless, but hope is just around the corner. If you want to get away for a few days, then do it.

What your mom said may be hurtful but she has a valid point; as hard as it may be, there are many little things you can and should appreciate. I'm sure your mom didn't meant to hurt you in any way. A time alone may be your best bet, gather your thoughts and allow yourself to let go. All the emotions and stress inside you may need to be released in a good way.

I'm sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed. What about mountains or somewhere that's full of fresh air and no one would bother you? Pack up a lunch and have a little mini-getaway for a day?

I think that sounds like a good idea. The mountains are about 4 hrs away, and I think I can go for 2 days... Think I just may do that. Thanks everybody.

trust me i know what u mean.

my relationship is what it should be and affects my family life too. i just for a walk clear my head and sit and think, cry if i have to or talk to some one away from home and some one that will listen and help me with the situation. i dont feel running away from problems is the answer. i think u need to find some one to talk to and sort that situation know i never thought that talking may help but it does and i feel better about things now xx

I received a call that I have a 3rd interview coming up, so my planning will have to be postponed. I'm starting to rethink the getting away idea. It's not going to solve anything, and I'll be even more depressed that there will be no one to enjoy it with. I will probably regret spending the money. My ultimate goal is to move out of my house. I try to think of things I can do that I'll enjoy, but nothing seems worthwhile. It all seems useless. I used to enjoy hiking, swimming, photography, but it seems that these things won't really help. I need my situations and life to change... So if any of you out there believe in God, please pray for me. I need a miracle. I think that's the only thing that will help me.

I'll pray for you, but I'll also let you play Mario. And if you're here on a Wednesday there's a really good mariachi band at this mexican restaurant down the street. It's only 4 or 5 hours away, if you live in east TN. But if you're in Memphis, it's probably too far to drive when you're depressed.

But I'll send you Super Mario to your Wii as a buddy list gift. That music is just so catchy!

Archived