Too friendly?

Summer73

Not sure if this is the right forum, but it is related to flirting. I started a new job 8 months ago, and I've really loved until the past week. I work with a lot of men and they are always kidding around with me. One guy in particular is always very friendly, asks for hugs, etc. Until this week, and now he's giving me the cold shoulder. Last night I overheard him say "she's pyscho" and something about "talking to everybody like that." I can't think of anything I have said that would be inappropriate, but I am worried that for some reason I now have a bad reputation just for talking to my coworkers. I also don't think it's fair, since they are the ones initiating the conversations. I've also considered that he is jealous of another coworker that I eat lunch with. I don't want to stir up trouble because I am happily married, but at the same time I want to know what his problem is with me. Should I confront him or just wait for it to blow over? I don't like the idea that he is telling my coworkers I'm psycho.

He had a crush on you and interpreted your friendliness as flirting. Then he realized that the way you interact with him is the way you interact with everybody.

Did he know before that you were happily married?

I would probably say something along the lines of, "I'm sorry if you misinterpreted any of my behaviour" and "I'd appreciate it if you did not gossip about me."

Archived