Dating again. Is it ok to be apprehensive?

The women I was seeing broke up with me a half year ago. I've really examined myself and identified several problems I had (being clingy, insecure) and have been working on myself physically and in other areas and my confidence is soaring. I'm feeling great about life again and I'm very optimistic about my direction in life. However, the hurt from the breakup still lingers and is making me drag my feet in my return to dating.

A few friends have offered to introduce me to some women and I've already met a few online. I have several coffee dates lined up this upcoming weekend and several more soon thereafter. The problem is that I'm not excited about it and actually very apprehensive. I'm worried that it's still too soon. Is this common? Is it ok to go in feeling a little apprehensive or is it an indication that I still need time to heal.

Maybe the answer is obvious but I've never been in this position. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm feeling the same way for the most part. Does going on a date youre not looking forward to mean you shouldnt go... or does it mean you should go becasue the more you do it, the easier it will be and the more you'll want it? I lean towards the second one, but...

I also agree that with that many lined up, there shouldnt be much to fuss about. LOL

Well, they're just meet and greet type dates. My last two relationships ended with me getting led on, lied to, and then dumped for someone else. So, it's really difficult to get excited regardless of how many opportunities are presenting themselves.

I've been told several times to just force myself to do it so that I can move on quicker. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens.

Archived