Best Buy anyone?

Quick question for those of you who work at Best Buy...or if you know anything about the hiring process.

Basically it's super annoying. You have to pass the first part of the online personality test..which is something they don't tell you. Luckily I knew someone that issued those kind of tests..

So I passed it with a great percentage and I got a call back for the 1st interview.

The first interview, which was today, was with the store supervisor and he just asked me general stupid job questions. Like "tell me about a time you were really stressed, blah blah blah"

It went really really well, and he told me "I'm not going to make you wait for a phone call. I'll just go ahead and tell you that you qualify for the second interview."

It's a 3 interview hiring process unfortunately. And the last interview is with the general manager I believe.

So the fact that I got the second interview, I don't want to get my hopes up...but is this a good sign? Or does basically everyone get to the second interview?

I don't know about the hiring process, but regardless of whether it is common or not, you have to sell yourself as a good candidate for the job. Just keep doing what you have been doing and you'll be fine. You will get some good referral from the supervisor you just interviewed with and qualifying for the 2nd interview says that so far you are a good candidate.

By passing you on to the second round, the guy who interviewed you first is basically saying, "I like him, see if you do". Not everyone gets past the first one so you're doing good.

It certainly is annoying, but a lot of industries do a multi-step interview process. In mine - software design - people usually go through 3-4 interviews before an offer is made (which is when the haggling over salary begins.. haha).

Anyway, good luck! Looks like you're on the right track.

Sweet! Thanks you guys.

And yeah...the Supervisor today told me that my second interview will be with the salary manager or something like that.

I know salary was in the name.

What does this mean exactly?? They will go over what I'm being payed if I get the job?

Hell I'm a college student..I just need a part-time job to pay my own bills. Luckily I've been blessed with amazing parents and I'm still living at home with them

Thanks for the info though!!

I had an interview with Best Buy in 2008.. I didn't stay long, I left due to my own personal issues but the 2nd and 3rd interviews are pretty much the same as the first one, except it's only with different people. They ask you pretty much the same questions throughout.

Archived