Still think of her every second of my day/night :(

I'm not sure why I'm writing here, but I just feel alone and sad right now. I miss my ex so much. I think of her ALL the time. Even though I have been dating a bit, I still think of her.... It's almost been six months since the break. I'd give anything to have her back in my arms. I'm just sick of feeling like this. I still cry thinking of her.

I don't know why, but I feel so alone

I've been in your situation before and it felt like my world has tumble down, crying all the time and losing all the appetite to eat.

Do you think you can get back to her again (call her or talk to her). If not, then we have to accept the fact that life needs to move on.

Go for other activities and socialize with others (friends or anyone), hang out in gym, at work ... Try not to let yourself be alone for too long.

I know this is not easy at all but all you have to do is to stay strong and be tough.

Hello, I am so sorry you are feeling this way. There is no set time for a grieving period but I also would be aware of not letting yourself get stuck in the "sad" phase. Sometimes fear of not having them in our lives is greater than feeling the fear itself.

You *never* have to give up hope that someday you two will be together again but for now, it is important to 'release' it so you will not be dragged down by it all the time.

I recently read Deepak Chopra's 7 Laws of Success and one of them is The Law of Detachment. He claims the only real way to attract something is to detach from it entirely. He thinks that negative emotions and insecurities come out when we are "attached" and that causes what we want to move further away. Not sure if any of that makes sense. You can google the book and see.

Ill be thinking of you!

thanks for replying everyone. It took me a while to finally fall asleep, but I did. I find it really difficult at night going to bed alone...my mind starts to wander and think more about her and what she's doing, how she's doing etc... I'm sure I will get over her sometime...just seems to not want to let go

Mark - I know that there isn't a whole lot that will make you feel better right now, but I want you to know that you're not alone in how you feel. I have been going through the exact same thing. I would wake up and a huge weight would hit my stomach when I realized that things were over... and I would pine over her all day long.

I can tell you that things will slowly get better. I'm 2 weeks NC now and while I'm still hurting, I find myself thinking about her much less. For example - I will be distracted for an hour, and realize HEY - I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT HER FOR A WHOLE HOUR!

For you, it may be just a few minutes that you don't think about her, but that's a start. And with time, you will think about her less and less.

I copied this from something I posted form another thread...it explains it better....

The Law of Detachment

This law says that in order to acquire anything in the physical universe, you have to relinquish your attachment to it. This doesn't mean you give up the intention to create your desire. You give up your attachment to the result. This is a very powerful thing to do. The moment you relinquish your attachment to the result, combining one-pointed intention with detachment at the same time, you will have that which you desire. Anything you want can be acquired through detachment, because detachment is based on the unquestioning belief in the power of your true Self. Attachment comes from poverty consciousness, because attachment is always to symbols. Detachment is synonymous with wealth consciousness, because with detachment there is freedom to create. True wealth consciousness is the ability to have anything you want, anytime you want, and with least effort. To be grounded in this experience you have to be grounded in the wisdom of uncertainty. In this uncertainty you will find the freedom to create anything you want.

Archived