I have a job interview tomorrow! Good! But I'm so scared!

Just when I was down in the dumps this morning about my job situation,I got a call for a job interview tomorrow to be trained as a cashier at JCPenny and I'm seriously scared. I should be excited and I am, but I'm just worried if I won't be able to perform this job well. I don't have really any work experience where I had to talk with customers one on one or handle money for that matter so the thought of trying to do all of this makes me very nervous. I did have an experience working as a cashier at TJ Maxx years ago when I was a teenager, and within 3 weeks, I was let go because I just couldn't perform the tasks that were given to me well. That was very embarrassing and I felt so stupid. I just hope working at JcPenny won't be a repeat. I'm also somewhat of a shy girl, I don't like the idea of interacting with customers but a job is a job. I will try to do my best. I'm also not very good with money so all of this is making me nervous... God I hope everything with this goes well..I can't mess this up because I don't know when I'll ever have a job opportunity like this.

Do you have any friends in retail? I would go see if you can spend the afternoon with them and helping out before your interview. Not actually doing sales and interacting with customers - but just kind of "shadowing" and getting an idea of all the little details of the job.

If that fails - I would go to a JC Penny at another mall / area and be a stalker for a bit... just kind of roam around keeping an eye on how they do business. Unless they seem super approachable I wouldn't let on why I was there.

Do you have any friends in retail? I would go see if you can spend the afternoon with them and helping out before your interview. Not actually doing sales and interacting with customers - but just kind of "shadowing" and getting an idea of all the little details of the job.

If that fails - I would go to a JC Penny at another mall / area and be a stalker for a bit... just kind of roam around keeping an eye on how they do business. Unless they seem super approachable I wouldn't let on why I was there.

I guess I can go to a local JcPenny and see how business is ran. I shop there frequently so I do know a little something about the store. The manager that called said that there will be someone training me for a couple of weeks, so hopefully after those weeks are up, I will get the hang of everything. I've always been somewhat of a slow learner, I mean what can be so hard about just ringing people up at the register? All of this is nerve wrecking, I should just be happy that I got called in for an interview.

i'm the same way. horrible with money and get overwhelmed. Id say try to NOT act shy in your interview. and tell them you love working with people- yada yada. don't tell them you got fired from your last job!!!! be confident. if you get the job try your best but take your time. ask co-workers for help and keep a great attitude. they will notice.

I will do my best to act confident during this interview but to be in a room with this manager is so intimidating to me but I will really try my best to keep my composure. I will try my best to do the job at hand, I guess this will be a good experience to break out of my shyness, because I will have to talk with people and handle situations head on!

You can't be worse than my friend, who rang up a multimillion dollar sale at her department store job!

Seriously, as long as you don't let yourself get distracted by people when you're counting the money, you'll be fine. Just make that your #1 rule.

PS My DD19 worked at TJ Maxx last year!

Archived