Should I send this as an icebreaker? (want your opinions)

This is the situation that I posted about a few weeks ago:

In your opinion...would the following be a good ice breaker/a.k.a- a good message to send alongside a FB request? (Yes, I know, Facebook but I figure it would be a good way to start the ball rolling...):

"I know this is a dorky way to do this, but I thought I'd send a FB request as an ice breaker...

I wouldn't mind starting to talk again at work...You?

I suppose it's kinda silly for us not to at this point...

Soooo...

Hi.

This is the situation that I posted about a few weeks ago:

In your opinion...would the following be a good ice breaker/a.k.a- a good message to send alongside a FB request? (Yes, I know, Facebook but I figure it would be a good way to start the ball rolling...):

"I know this is a dorky way to do this, but I thought I'd send a FB request as an ice breaker...

I wouldn't mind starting to talk again at work...You?

I suppose it's kinda silly for us not to at this point...

Soooo...

Hi.

It's ok, but it sounds kind of young. What's wrong with HI and how is your day?

"It's ok, but it sounds kind of young. What's wrong with HI and how is your day?"-

You mean in person? Or do you mean as in the message?

Considering how the situation is, that I described in my other linked post, a message like Hows you day?, would be out of place.

If you mean in person, yes, I agree, but the FB message is to help start it along a bit more than I've been able to do....in addition to in person, I mean...

"It's ok, but it sounds kind of young. What's wrong with HI and how is your day?"-

You mean in person? Or do you mean as in the message?

Considering how the situation is, that I described in my other linked post, a message like Hows you day?, would be out of place.

If you mean in person, yes, I agree, but the FB message is to help start it along a bit more than I've been able to do....in addition to in person, I mean...

Ok, how about...Long time, no talk. How are things. Hi.

At any rate, your message as written just seemed young. But then you most likely ARE young and I'm not. Granted, I am not a FB kind of person, true. I'd stay away from smiley faces.

Ok. I'll probably fix it a bit to not sound youngish. Thanks

I do want to add the "I wouldn't mind starting to talk again at work...You?" part somewhere within, though...so that he gets the point of the message...

Oh, btw, I'm not young. I'm 27...so I guess I have no excuse...lol.

Thanks again.

Archived