I weigh 160lbs and I'm 5'6. I'm 16. I have a boyfriend who loves me for who I am. So when he says "you're not fat" I have a lot of trouble believing him. I know I'm overweight, and what do I do? I keep it up. I was like almost 150 about a year ago. And I was like "whatever" I didnt look big at all. I just had a huge butt, which a lot of guys apparently like. Now, I'm fat. Ive tried excersizing..but I always end up quitting with in a few days. I know thats the only way I can loose it, but Im either too busy or I forget.. and eat a lot. And then just feel worse about myself. If there is anyone on here who had weight difficults and now is at a better weight size, tell me what helped you loose it. I'm desperate. And I'm tired of being so fat.

Well there is your problem. Losing weight is a lifestyle change and you have to be committed to do it It is good that you realize this now at an early age. You have to stick to your diet and stick to your workouts! You have access to the internet, so search out diets and exercise program that best suits you...try link removed and good luck

Try talking to your b/f about it, he should be very supportive of you, if he just gives you the line "your not fat" (which is how he may very well feel) don't insist that you are, tell him you still want to exercise and you want to do it with him. He can probably be very supportive and help you keep with the exercise program.

Philo and Psipro have very good suggestions. Along with that you may want to find excersise that is fun. Maybe play a sport. It doesn't have to be on a real team or anything, but just something for fun. Basketball or Football (active catch) are good ones. I lost ten pounds in six months because I played basketball everyday. Find something you like to do.

Good Luck.

I agree that finding fun activities to do is key. Do you like to ride a bike? Go for a 15 minute ride before dinner every evening. Do you have a dog? Take her for a walk every morning. Just find something that you can really enjoy, because that will be the motivation to keep with it. I also find that listening to music while walking/jogging/biking helps keep me from getting bored.

Water. Don't forget water. We often eat because we misinterpret our thirst as hunger. If you drink more water, not only will you eat less, but you will be able to get rid of a lot of toxins in your body that may be inhibiting your weight loss. I don't generall like the taste of water, so I add a few lemon slices, which makes it very tasty.

I hope this helps.

As philo said above, losing weight is a long term commitment. If you do it just to lose some weight and then quit when you have lost it then it will eventually come back. You have to exercise to get it off and then keep exercising so that it stays off.

Please have a read through the following post to get an idea of some of the smaller and more subtle things you can do as well as the obvious things like going to the gym.

link removed

I hope it gives you some ideas.

One other thing, perhaps you and your boyfriend could work out together, ask him about it and see what he thinks.

abcd1234

Well there is your problem. Losing weight is a lifestyle change and you have to be committed to do it It is good that you realize this now at an early age. You have to stick to your diet and stick to your workouts! You have access to the internet, so search out diets and exercise program that best suits you...try link removed and good luck

Exactly. Fitness is a lifestyle. The only way to make changes to you body is with hard work and consistancy... consistancy being the key word for you. You must keep at it. Once in a while wont cut it.