Does he love me?

H20

I have been seeing someone semi-long distance for a while. I like him a lot, and even said the L word.

Anyway, we had a bit of a fight Friday nite, but by the end of the night

we had pretty much resolved things. My last email to him, I told him that I loved him and probably always would then said Happy Easter. He has never said the L word to me...as he is not quite expressive, but he has said he cares for me very deeply.

He responded to me last night, and ended the email with 'thank you for your last email last night, but I could have done without the 10 before that

(meaning the ones where we were fighting.)'

I want to believe he loves me but is afraid to say it..I can live with that.

Just not sure if it a bad sign that he isn't. What do you guys think?

Is saying those words important to you ?

I do not want him to say it if he does not mean it either.

Does it sound like he loves me?

Hi H20,

It's impossible to tell whether he loves you or not from the information given here.

If he hasn't told you that he loves you, then odds are he does not feel those exact feelings. Or he does not feel them strongly enough to convey them to you verbally. Most people consider saying "I love you" to be a VERY big deal.

If he says he cares for you strongly, then I am inclined to say he loves you on some level. But there is something keeping him from bringing that element into your relationship.

How long have you been together? Can you give a little bit more detail? What makes you think he may love you, but is just not saying the words?

If he hasn't told you that he loves you, then odds are he does not feel those exact feelings. Or he does not feel them strongly enough to convey them to you verbally.

That's not true..there are a ton of guys who have a problem saying " i love you " out loud. And it will take a natural disaster to get them to fess up. That being said you still havent given us enough information to guess if he loves you or not.

The words are not technically the important thing if you understand each other. But they are like stepping stones or guiding blocks in a relationship. It's like now that you have said it out loud there is more of an obligation ( in a good way ) of how you should treat the person. If that makes sense to you.

We have been seeing each other off and on for about a year, but most of the time has been long distance, so it is mostly an online/phone thing. It's frustrating, and causes most of our fights. When we ARE together we rarely fight. I know this causes concern for him too.

Archived