I've been dating this guy for about 2 months. I like him, he's smart, funny, and we do have fun together. My issues are due to our different styles in a few areas. I'm not super clean, but I do like to have a degree of order and maintain my spaces, he doesn't really care, pretty much a slob. He has changed a few things since we started dating, picked up more and cleaned a little. The other big thing is that he's less defined about his plans. He can't seem to make plans ahead of time and will often change things on the fly. He blew me off a week ago to go to the rifle range with his buddies and that really made me angry. I know he's not got a lot of responsibilities right now and doesn't need to be on a schedule, but I like a little more structure.

I also don't really know if he's that into a relationship. I don't know if I should ask or even bother trying to make it work as a relationship. I sometimes wonder if he's just in it for the sex. I don't want to be needy or creepy about it. I want to be more relaxed, but I also don't want to be lead on to believe that I'm putting effort into this being a real relationship, when it is only a friends with benefits sort of thing in his eyes.

I also don't really know if he's that into a relationship. I don't know if I should ask or even bother trying to make it work as a relationship. I sometimes wonder if he's just in it for the sex. I don't want to be needy or creepy about it. I want to be more relaxed, but I also don't want to be lead on to believe that I'm putting effort into this being a real relationship, when it is only a friends with benefits sort of thing in his eyes.

I think this would be more of a concern especially if you're wanting a stable relationship. Cleaning and working together is something that can be always learned and worked on.

Archived