depressed

kevinm

Hey Kevin,

I know where you're coming from, I am exactly the same.

What I find helps is if I write down what it is that needs done, stick it somewhere you know where it will be for tomorrow and then do something you enjoy, I know when you are down its hard to find something that you enjoy but even forcing yourself to try get over this will hopefully help.

Maybe a good book, some music, cook something nice or even just a short walk to try clear these thoughts.

I find it annoying and stressful when Im like how you are and its almost daily that it happens but those little things to try forget about what it is thats stressing you out will maybe calm you down a bit.

Sorry things are a bit down at the moment, hope they pick up.

Lucid x

Hey Kevin,

I know where you're coming from, I am exactly the same.

What I find helps is if I write down what it is that needs done, stick it somewhere you know where it will be for tomorrow and then do something you enjoy, I know when you are down its hard to find something that you enjoy but even forcing yourself to try get over this will hopefully help.

Maybe a good book, some music, cook something nice or even just a short walk to try clear these thoughts.

I find it annoying and stressful when Im like how you are and its almost daily that it happens but those little things to try forget about what it is thats stressing you out will maybe calm you down a bit.

Sorry things are a bit down at the moment, hope they pick up.

Lucid x

Thanks Lucid. I do understand where you are coming from... I'm just feeling down and needy frankly. People depend on me duing my work day and outside of work too... I'm feeling drained from other peoples stuff. I just want someone to take care of me for a few days/nights if that makes sense.

Hey again Kevin,

I sure do know what you mean, that feeling of having the world on your shoulders is a pain in the butt when no one else is there to lift it.

Look at it this way though, these people are only tempoary for when you let them in and there has to be just that little bit of you time where its the enjoyable things and even if that means seeing a friend for a drink, taking yourself right out of this stressful situation for a bit forgetting about all these people who Im sure a VERY greatful for what you do for them but maybe if they knew how you were feeling they might not be as heavy on you as they are.

Even if just sitting at home and watching some silly videos on youtube or websites that make you giggle. Laughing can be a great cure for the bad times ((hugs))

When my depression gets the best of me what I do is things that I know will distract me like playing a video game, chatting, going to the gym, etc, so that I won't have any bad thoughts. I also like to watch some comedy shows or read some jokes, since laughter always help me feel better.

Good luck hon

Kevin-

story of my life. Going through pretty much the same thing. And ive read so many other posts of others on here going throught the same exact thing. They say that breaking up is hard to do......Aint that the truth?? Me personally though this time around. I find myself really all alone. No bf, no friends (the few i have left are all busy with other stuff), no job to throw myself into. And I am in school (which isnt going so well cause I cant freaking focus). I am finally realizing though that I really dont know how to be alone. I also feel so unmotivated. I feel it down to my bones. All week I have literally been wearing a ditch into my bed. I too make a mental list of things I need to do or should go do to fill my time. But I dont do it....not even small things like going to the post office. Now that's unmotivated! Your not pitiful.

I want to ask. Of course you dont have to answer this but what are you going through right now? Troubles at home? Rough patch in a relationship? going through a breakup?

Archived