On the Border of Breaking up

Well my bf of 10 months and i had a talk the other night about whether or not we should break up. the reason is relatively simple - a bunch of stupid little things that could easily be compromised on and fixed. these include him not calling me when he says hes going to, some name calling (nothing real serious, just hurtful) and just a need for compromise (i am not perfect either). I brought up the issue and we laid all the cards on the table (at first he didnt want to talk about it) and he suggested we try to make it work till our one year (july 18) and see where we stand then. LIke i said i honestly think its just stuff that we can compromise on, but its hard to get a conversation going and getting him to listen to my side of things. I try to give him what he needs, but its hard for me to point out to him my needs/wants. I love him very much and im miserable over the prospect of loosing him and i know he loves me. We want our relationship to work, but i am not sure how to have a constructive talk and improve the gap of distance i feel with him (did i mention he lives an hour away from me?). I am hoping someone out there can give some advice. He is the love of my life and i very much want it to work.

Then MAKE it work. Stress to him the importance of comunication and how you want/need an OPEN relationship where you both can say ANYTHING to one another with out being judged. Alot of times men won't talk to their ladies for fear they will piss them off in some way....well ya know what, that is part of being in an adult relationship, everything is not always peachie. You have to work and work HARD at it, the reward is worth it

and an hour is not all that far

Sorry to hear bout your situation..and the other post is right about the need for honesty and open communication.Men (not all) do have trouble communicating ..and sharing their emotional side with women...alot of men are just set out at trying to solve situations and think logically instead of emotionally...and may not give enougth emotional support at times.In the past talking from my own exsperience you need to be specific with your man about whats wrong..ok he should phone you, and everybody says hurtfull things..but dont let him keep on guessing, some its hard you know as some women can be full of contradictions!!.If its getting a conversation going all the time just talk about your day and ask him for his opinion on topics..you can only try.