Should I wait for the right opportunity of meeting her OR just take any opportunity that comes?

sandy747

Hi,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who have time to read up on my last thread, please read what I wrote earlier:

thread number: 326938

thread title: "Please advise me on this girl that I haven't talked to yet"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who don't have time to read my last thread, here's a summary:

-A girl I really like at university.

-I have never talked to her or met her.

-She's on a different course and doesn't share any activities with me, so seeing her is relatively rare, though my chances are increased if I hang in the library.

My question is this:

An opportunity would be any time I see her. However, each opportunity is different. For example, a good and easy opportunity is if she is on her own and not busy or in a hurry, and she makes eye contact. And a bad opportunity would be if she is with her friends...or running to a lecture, doesn't notice me, doesn't make eye contact etc...

So...should I take any opportunity that comes at me? i.e. even if she is with friends, running to a lecture, studying in the silent zones in the library, no eye contact etc...

Or...should I wait until I get a better opportunity? i.e. she's on her own, relaxed, eye contact etc...

Thank you for any help, guys!!!!!

Take any opportunity you can except if she's with a group of friends. You don't want to put her on the spot in front of different people. Don't worry about the eye contact thing, just approach her and ask her out. If she's on her way to a lecture or not I don't think will make much difference because if she's interested, she really won't mind being late 45 seconds to take your number.

Take any opportunity you can except if she's with a group of friends. You don't want to put her on the spot in front of different people. Don't worry about the eye contact thing, just approach her and ask her out. If she's on her way to a lecture or not I don't think will make much difference because if she's interested, she really won't mind being late 45 seconds to take your number.

Cool, thanks man. Do you think I should ask for her number the first time I talk to her then? Or is that taking it too fast???

exactly as captainNapalm said, just ask her if she if on her own. If she says yes give her your number and tell her to call to arange later when your free. If she says no dont worry about it you can stop worrying what to do, it will clear your mind.

I was thinking just talking to her about her name, her course, etc... but do you guys think I should really ask her out on the first meeting?!? Maybe take her number, yes, but already be asking her out?

Offer your number. This way she isn't put right on the spot. She can think about going out with you and if she likes you then she'll call you. Asking for her number is a little too forward. Feed her a compliment and give your number and see if she calls.

Ok I will offer my number but I think I will get her to give me her number once I've given mine over...I mean she might not realise that I want to go out with her...so she might never call or text...

I don't know how I'm supposed to phrase it all...because when I offer my number, I'm thinking I will say "I'll tag along with your dance group some time, so drop I'll give you my number" (because I know one of her friends in the dance group)... but maybe I should just be more confident and saying "Let's go for a drink sometime, so I'll give you my number"... AHHHH i dunno.... What you guys think???

Archived