BETRAYED AND CONFUSED!! HELP!!

I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years a few months ago because he need to get himself together. I did not want to do it because loved him (still do) but I thought it would be my best way to help him grow up. Any way, he called me a month ago and wanted us to get back together. Before I said yes, I asked him was it what he wanted and was he ready for it because I did not have time to play any games. He replied YES.

During the time we broke up he went to a nearby state to make some money so he can do right by me and his son we share together. He came home and we talked and had a wonderful time. He told me how much he love me and want us to be together. He also told my family and friends the same thing. He was so loving and caring.

He went back out of town, and we talked twice. He said he would be coming home in a few weeks and he now has a reason to come back because he feel he has his family again. I have not heard from him since then. This was a month ago. He has not contacted his father either and they are close. What is going on here? I thought this is what he wanted. Is he playing games, telling me what he thought I wanted to hear or what? I really need some help with this. I am really confused and hurt!!

Blondie04

I will point out where you made a mistake in judgement so you won't have to suffer again. Oh, I've made this mistake so many times I need to kick myself over and over again.

You asked the right question and got the answer you wanted. However, what you overlooked is that words are easy to say! I can't tell you why he said he was ready and now doesn't call you. Yet, his actions are speaking volumes right now. Are you paying attention?

If a man says he "loves you" and "wants to spend his life with you" do you think he would disappear for a month and not call?

He may be playing games or he may just need more time go get his life together. The question is, "Will you wait for him or move on?" It's a tough one because you two have a child together.

Naturally, you want the baby to have the father around. But will you sacrifice your happiness for the sake of another who is not showing they care enough to call you?

I'm not saying you should leave him. I would suggest you sit down and be honest with yourself. Then ask, "Can this man give me the things I need to be happy?"

The key is to not look at what he has done but what he is doing! If he can't then you have your answer. If he can then you have your answer.

In my opinion, no woman should stay with a man because of the child(ren). Too many women regret doing it and wish they had left. Then there's a few who stay and eventually things work out. The choice is yours!