My friend might be pregnant

Meow18

My friend & her boyfriend broke up a couple days ago & she came to me yesterday & said she thinks she's pregnant. She's not for sure though, she hasn't taken a pregnancy test. I guess she thinks she has some symptoms, but isn't for sure on what they would be. I was wondering if anyone could give tell me some of the symptoms of pregnancy??

As I understand the "symptoms" are easily mistaken for other things...

Your friend needs to take a pregnancy test, I don't really know if theres a time frame you must wait before they can tell, but go to a pharmacy ask one of the people there about them and how to use them...if she's not comfortabl go for her, but she needs to know so that she can start taking care of herself the way a pregnant women does...

I really think you should encourage your friend to take a test-- that's the best way to eliminate doubt. As I understand it (never having been pregnant, myself), many of the early signs of pregnancy (no period, sickness, extreme tiredness) can also be brought on simply due to stress or improper nutrition.

It seems to me that a test is an easy way to decide if it's even necessary to feel anxious about it. Most tests just require you to urinate on a stick-- no pain whatsoever.

Take care of yourself and your friend.

Depends how late she is - if she's even missed a period yet. If she hasn't, then wait, simple stress can have similar symptoms to what people hear described, but very few symptoms start appearing before then, as a matter of fact, before a couple of months along, a missed period, very sore or tender breasts, sleepiness, rarely morning sickness, are about all that's noticeable - and not everyone even has all the symptoms. I had horribly tender/sore breasts around when my period was due - but a little tenderness is common then anyway, so I wasn't sure it wasn't just worse than normal before taking a test. Tell her to wait til she's about a week late - stress, emotional upset, colds and viruses, sudden changes in sleeping patterns even can disrupt the cycle a few days easily, so panicking at a day late sometimes just delays things more with the added worry and stress.