Donate blood save 5 lives!

I responded to a post about an HIV question & I informed the topic starter that a great way to get tested is to donate blood. Im an active donor and i learned so much about how great it is to donate every few months. so many reasons...

1.) each pint of blood you donate saves 5 lives! your blood gets divided into plasma, red blood cells, & platelets. it only takes about 20 minutes to 1/2 hr to make your donation.

2.) it tests you for life threatening diseases within 4-6 weeks youll get a response saying your blood is ok for patients or if you need to see a doctor.

3.) its a great way to kick off a new diet! a pint of your blood weighs one pound so you lose 1 pound after donating.

4.) you get all the free cookies & juice afterwards. hehehe yea i know it sounds dumb but its a fun reward. they make u eat & drink after to rehydrate your body, but its fun talking to other donors & yeah unlimited OREOS, enough said. lol

5.) in men if they become a regular donor itll decrease theyre chances for certain heart diseases by almost 60%!! & reduces chances of cancer!!

SO MANY MORE BENEFITS TO LIST CHECK OUT THE WEBSYTES LISTED BELOW FOR BLOOD DRIVES IN YOUR AREA & HOW & WHAT YOU NEED TO DONATE!!

and despite what people say about rumors how AIDS & other diseases spready thru blood donations is completely FALSE!!! i wouldnt put myslf at risk if donating was unsanitary!! ive donated plenty of times!!! America is in a blood shortage right now & in desperate need of blood!! There are thousands of members on this forum if we all contribuated to our neighborhood blood drives we'll be out of this blood shortage in no time! Its a start but we all have to help. When you go to donate bring a friend with you, not only will he/she keep you company, but it'll help spread the news on how easy & how important it is to donate!!

here are a couple of links for information:

link removed

link removed

Save a life today, better yet, save 5!! Give the gift of life & donate blood today!!!

-DG724

Yup, donating blood is great. I can't now because of the medicine I'm taking, but as soon as I'm off I'll go give another pint.

For all of the people who will donate in the future for the first time, be sure you drink plenty of water-based liquids regularly; I used to drink mainly cokes--and hardly any water--before and up 'til my first donation, and it took like 40 minutes to give the blood because it was so thick. It was kind of embarrassing...

But if I had to do that first time all over again, I would in a heartbeat. The embarrassment was well worth saving some lives.

lol sounds fun. Really? it saves 5 lives? Now that's something they never told us... no wonder you got less people donating blood these days, just one dude would save 5 people's lives.

Heb

yeah it may sound great that 1 pint of blood saves 5 ppl's lives, but there arent many donors!!! america is in a blood shortage & in dire need of blood!! when the blood is separated into plasma, red blood cells & platelets, the platelets are actually used to treat cancer patients under cheomotherapy treatments...(spell check on that one). nifty little piece of info there for ya.

the world needs more donors!! save 5 lives in less than a 30 minutes!!!

-DG724

• 9 months later...