Hey,

I want to start running to get in more shape. But I have no idea how to begin. How long should i run in the beginning? And also I am very very self conscious, so I dont want to run in the middle of the day when everyone will be able to see me. So should I run in the morning or later on at night?

thanks everyone

-colls

run in the morning. Great way to warm up all ur muscles, start ur metabolic rate and get u ready for the day.

Make sure u do a load of stretchs before hand and off u go. Keep at a moderate comfortable pace. The idea is to get a rhythem going. So slow it down if ur getting tired but try to keep going.

Mayb try just 5 mins, then walk and another 5 mins. Once u get used to this try doing 10 mins and a little walk, and another 10 mins. Keep going til u can do 25mins or so without stopping.

U need to do a minimum of 3 x20 min sessions a week to get ur body to adapt to it and for urself to really benefit.

Don't b self conscious. When i see an unfit person running down the street, i don't look and laugh, i think "well done to them". Ignore what others think.

Colls,

Johnny G. has it right.. Make sure you take it slow at first. It sucks to get shin splints right off the bat it will make it so you don't run for a few days and you probably will just quit trying so definitely take it slow. Make sure you cool down and stretch prior. Same things Johnny said...

Good luck, and don't worry about what others think.

also if you run in the morning don't eat before hand. This way you are burning off stored energy (fat) and not from which you just made into energy.

Also agree with JohhnyG. When I see someone really overwieght jogging, I give them a thumbs up and a little cheer in the back of my mind. doing more than I do, which makes me want to run lol.

hey

i go running, at first i started off with only going for a short while, around my local area and then began to make the time longer, i too was self conscious, so decided to run at night once it got dark, that way noone knew it was me, wear a cap that helps too. if you are worried about, see if a friend or family member will do it with you.

~LJ =;

p.s. dont forget to warm up

• 2 weeks later...

i started running a week ago on my elliptical trainer, which i hate. anyway, i started off running 1/2 mile, then bumped it up to 1 mile, and now im working on improving my time. i had been fat before, but not nearly as bad now. i went from 140lbs to 185lbs over this past winter, and now that im starting to date this girl, ive decided to get in shape. i try to run faster each day, for instance yesterday i improved my mile by 1:30. anyway, good luck, and take it slow.