Ex gf broke NC!!!! What's my next move??

swifty335

Day 15 of NC...my ex sent me a message on myspace today..

All it said was " Hey"...with the smiley face in front of it.

I'm not reading too much into it, but I'd like to see what everybody thinks...maybe what my next move should be. I don't want to do the wrong thing and ruin it...I wish I hadn't opened it because she can see that I read it. Idk what to do because if i reply I don't really know what to say, and if i don't reply she might think I've moved on for good and I don't want a second chance with her...

Like i've said in past threads, I'm trying to move on, but if there is a chance of us reconciling, I WANT THAT CHANCE!!! I love this woman with all of my heart...

Hmmmm...How about, "Hey. What's up?" Short and sweet! (I say this after taking a quick look at your other threads and seeing that a) you feel like you were greatly to blame for the break-up and b) she's already expressed some openness to the idea of eventual reconciliation.)

I wouldn't ignore her completely, but you also want to be careful in case reconciliation is NOT on her mind that you don't set yourself back *too* much in your healing. So I wouldn't write anything long or reveal too much about where you are emotionally right now...

Hmmmm...How about, "Hey. What's up?" Short and sweet! (I say this after taking a quick look at your other threads and seeing that a) you feel like you were greatly to blame for the break-up and b) she's already expressed some openness to the idea of eventual reconciliation.)

I wouldn't ignore her completely, but you also want to be careful in case reconciliation is NOT on her mind that you don't set yourself back *too* much in your healing. So I wouldn't write anything long or reveal too much about where you are emotionally right now...

Yes I am pretty much completely to blame for us breaking up..if i had played my cards right we'd still be together..

and youre right i don't think ignoring her would be a good idea...and I do want her back. But she could just be testing me and not have getting back together on her mind...that's what makes it hard.

It was looking hopeless for a while so I was just like screw it and started trying to get over her.

After all, I really want her back still; very badly to be honest. You think waiting a few days to reply would be bad though? Even though she is going to know that I read it..

I wouldn't wait a few days--her message is so short that if she knows you read it and then took several days to reply, it's going to look pretty weird. Also, you will then spend the next few days obsessing over what to say, which is going to be TERRIBLE for your mental health! (Trust me, I know, no one obsesses like I do!)

If you want to get back with her, read articles on how to do that. If you're done and want to heal, continue with NO CONTACT. And if you want to wait a while, then wait. But remember that every move you make counts. A goal without a plan is just a wish. So make sure you have a plan.

That's the thing though blueman, I had a plan to wait a few more weeks and call her just to catch up, and depending on how it went waiting a week or two and ask her if she wanted to hang out. Then i got home tonight and saw that she contacted me...which kind of throws my whole plan outta whack..

As you said, every move counts; and at this point is pretty crucial. I want her back more than anything...I don't want to make the wrong move though...

I wouldn't wait a few days--her message is so short that if she knows you read it and then took several days to reply, it's going to look pretty weird. Also, you will then spend the next few days obsessing over what to say, which is going to be TERRIBLE for your mental health! (Trust me, I know, no one obsesses like I do!)

You're right it would look weird...so I think im going to take your advice and just go with the simple hey whats up and see what happens...i probably wont reply or even open the next one for a while and stick to my plan of waiting a few weeks and calling her...

NC has obviously worked in making her miss me, and also for healing some of my pain.

Archived